What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Fleetwood Mac. 10th album, 1975. Just watched the two FM documentaries on BBC, still on Catch up/iplayer. So I thought I would play some today. This is perhaps my favourite.

" During the recording sessions, bassist John McVie took offence to Buckingham’s assertive nature in the studio, particularly when telling the other band members what he wanted them to play. McVie informed Buckingham that this would not be tolerated, saying: “The band you’re in is Fleetwood Mac. I’m the Mac. And I play the bass”

Fleetwood_Mac_-Fleetwood_Mac(1975)

26 Likes

Moving on. CD. Don’t play it often, but enjoy it when I do. This and Hotel California, ( released a few weeks apart) seemed to dominate my last two terms at school.

33 Likes

Their best album in my opinion - ‘Temple of Low Men’. Used to have this on cassette in the '80s - nice to own and hear on vinyl these days…

18 Likes

Dug this out of the loft ‘archive’ along with some Bauhaus and The Cult.
Been going over 40 years AHC, I saw them in the mid 80s whilst at uni.

3 Likes

Steven Wilson - Hand Cannot Erase (2015)
Digging out my best sounding records tonight…
This one definitely makes the grade.

11 Likes

Paul McCartney - McCartney III Imagined. Interesting reworking if Macca’s recent release.

8 Likes

The National - High Violet. I recently acquired a used 552 and when playing familiar albums now some of them sound almost as if they’ve been remixed due to the fact I’m hearing so much more off the CD or LP. This National album falls into this category.

12 Likes

Neil Young. Landing on water.
Bought vinyl 1986 I think. Not played in over 30 years. Thought I’d stream it to find out why.

8 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ - Good To Be…

15 Likes

One of the rarest records in the world by a virtually unknown British band is tipped to sell for more than £10,000.
The LP is one of just 64 copies produced by the psychedelic rock group Dark in 1972.
Experts say the album, called Dark Round the Edges, is regarded as the ‘Holy Grail’ for serious record collectors, as very few copies exist today

6 Likes

A DeAgostini vinyl pressing.

11 Likes

Thanks @anon10403888 I have it in the queue :sunglasses:

1 Like

Alison Krauss- A Hundred Miles or More

She is sounding so sweet. The latest Innuos update (2.0.8) I have just installed is the icing on the cake. I was in ‘Get me Through December’ mode not wanting to change anything that sounded good. The Innsights thread was bang on with the two previous updates bringing improve SQ.

Phil

14 Likes

Blue Note Classic vinyl.

15 Likes

Last one for today. Fleetwood Mac. Tusk. 1979. Vinyl. Like many double albums there is a brilliant single album in there somewhere. Some of their best songs, and a few of their worst imho.

"Warner Bros. chief Mo Ostin’s apoplectic response to the finished product, paraphrasing his remarks by saying, “You’re insane doing a double album at this time. The business is f1cked, we’re dying the death, we can’t sell records, and this will have to retail at twice the normal price. It’s suicide.”

28 Likes

I too bought this in 1986, and I’ve always liked it at different times down the years and in differing ways, depending on when I dug it out again.

I like the sheer clatter and unexpected noise of the synths, and the now dated 80s electronics, all meshed alongside his more recognisable voice and guitar moments. (I really liked and still admire Trans too, but his voice was more overtly vocoder-ed on some songs there).

There’s some amazing songs and sounds on this album, a palpable and wilful energy or anger in his voice and sentiments too, cf Hippie Dream.

This stream sounds fantastic, too. Though I’ve not actually played the vinyl for a year or so, to compare.

1 Like

Been in the collection for a while sadly CD and not vinyl.

3 Likes

Kool-Aid - Big Audio Dynamite II

5 Likes

9 Likes

Roberta Flack - First Take (1969) streaming on Qobuz

There are several versions. The hi-res one with 8 tracks seems better than the 2-CD hi-res version remastered in 2020 with extra tracks !

15 Likes