What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

And sales for next 20 years!

1 Like

Best of the records he made with Gil Evans I reckon. This is a late 1960s pressing:

14 Likes

Now playing…

Amos Lee - Mission Bell

Amos Lee (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vibraphone, Vocals), Priscilla Ahn (Vocals), Sam Beam (Vocals), Pieta Brown (Vocals), Joey Burns (Electric Bass, Upright Bass, Bowed Bass, 12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Nylon String Guitar, Tenor Guitar, Piano, Vibraphone, Vocals, Wurlitzer), John Convertino (Drums), Zach Djanikian (Vocals), James Gadson (Drums, Tambourine, Vocals), Caroline Isaacs (Vocals), Laura Kepner-Adney (Vocals), Greg Leisz (Electric Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Mandolin, Pedal Steel, Slide Guitar, Weissenborn), Brian Lopez (Vocals), Willie Nelson (Nylon String Guitar, Vocals),Johnny O’Halloran (Bowed Saw), Jaron Olevsky (Banjo, Electric Bass, Upright Bass, Bowed Bass, Fender Rhodes, Electric Guitar, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Shaker, Synthesizer, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Mutlu Onaral (Vocals), Gabrielle Pietrangelo (Vocals), Mickey Raphael (Harmonica), Craig Schumacher (Harmonica, ynthesizer Bass), Jacob Valenzuela (Trumpet) and Lucinda Williams (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Thursday Morning with sunshine on a cold day with Amos Lee and the very talented group of musicians that joined him and they are sounding sublime! One fabulous album…

16 Likes

Stanley Clarke. Hideaway. Very much of it’s time, the 80s.

Jazz-Funk I guess. Lovely album.

8 Likes

Presume it was Dread who posted this reissue recently. Thanks for heads up.

Flesh of My Skin - Keith Hudson

3 Likes

Tom Misch Geography / 2018 Beyond The Groove / EU CD / BTG020CD

4 Likes

Yes, I am sure you are right. Will get to it. I heard a bit in the record store and it was Annette Peacock with that distinctive fusion backdrop. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

PS, thought you held them in high regard from your profile picture which I think is one of the album covers!

1 Like

The two records are very different in style. X-Dreams has a super cast of supporting musicians including Mick Ronson who covered two and half of her songs.

1 Like

Rick Wakeman - ‘White Rock’ (1977). As the Winter Olympics is currently on it is perhaps an appropriate time to be listening to this as it is the soundtrack to the film of the Innsbruck Winter Olympics in 1976. It has always been my favourite Wakeman album and it was unavailable on CD for many years. I bought the album back in the day and I still have my original vinyl and also have it on CD now through the ‘5 Classic Albums Series’. This was one of the first albums I bought when I was given my Ferguson Studio 6 music centre as a 15 year old. My first ‘stereo’. Good though that was this album sounds terrific on my Naim system. Quite an experience! Like descending the ‘Ice Run’!

8 Likes

Latterday Duke on Japanese CD. The great man’s vigour and invention was undimmed in his late 60s.

9 Likes

Now Playing…

The Delines - The Sea Drift

Amy Boone (Vocals), Cory Gray (Keyboards, Trumpet), Sean Oldham (Percussion, Vocals), Freddy Trujillo (Bass, Vocals), Willy Vlautin (Guitar, Vocals), Kyleen King (Violin, Viola), Patti King (Violin), Collin Oldham (Cello), Noah Bernstein (Saxophone) and John Morgan Askew (Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @ewemon of ‘The Delines’ new album had me place three songs that have been released in the queue and Amy and the band are sounding sweet! The album is scheduled for release on February 11th and looking forward to listening to the complete album tomorrow morning…

10 Likes

LP - ‘Machu Picchu 2’ Remastered 2013 reissue : )

<>

Steve Giles – vocals, guitar, producer
Martin Weaver – guitar
Ronald Johnson – bass guitar
Clive Thorneycroft – drums

Recorded at S.I.S. Studios, Northampton, England 9-13th July 1972

<<>>

Musically a bit like Wishbone Ash imo, it’s very groovy…
The original vinyl most probably has the genuine analogue edge over this 2013 digitally remastered pressing from the US, but all things considered this is still an excellent remaster job for a digital reissue, and the heavy gatefold cover is top drawer too :grinning: :+1:

10 Likes

Giving that a play, thanks! On Spotify not vinyl, unfortunately. Good stuff :grinning:

3 Likes

Emmylou Harris - Blue Kentucky Girl (1979)

15 Likes

Bonnie Raitt: Luck of the Draw. Ages since I played this, Its a cracker.

7 Likes

Iris DeMent - The Trackless Woods

Iris DeMent sings poems of Russian poet Anna Akhmatova accompanying herself on piano and occasionaly Leo Kottke on guitar.

6 Likes

Sting, Bring on the night. This album just doesn’t sound great at low volumes, it has to be played loud!

8 Likes

One of my favourite albums from 1988.

14 Likes

Sting sounds best at no volume…

…I’ll get me coat…

6 Likes