What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

John Mayall The turning point was a remarkable album. The change of direction prompted by the departure of Mick Taylor who went off to be a Rolling Stone for a while. Having earlier lost Eric and later Peter he chose to drop lead guitar and drums for a more jazz based blues.

1 Like

Mick Taylor. Self titled.
For @Dreadatthecontrols :heart:
Released in 1979 and deserved greater acclaim.

7 Likes

Genesis - ‘Seconds Out’ (1977). A great live album which has always been a regular on my system. Often these seventies live double albums marked the end on an era in a bands history. This was particularly interesting as it is not really the case here - there is a mix of material from the ‘Collins’ era and the ‘Gabriel’ era. It was the first time that recordings of Phil Collins singing the Peter Gabriel repertoire had been released. So prog classics such as ‘Carpet Crawlers’, ‘Firth of Fifth’, ‘The Cinema Show’ and even ‘Supper’s Ready’ were played in their entirety sung by Collins. In addition there are great newer songs too. A seamless transition to the new era. Still classy prog!

23 Likes

Joining Kevster on this excellent album.

6 Likes

Classic Records vinyl from 25 or so years ago…

15 Likes

Electra Glide in Blue OST: Harley engines & horns plus swinging big band sounds.

1 Like

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Souvenance: Music for Oud, Quartet and String Orchestra

Anouar Brahem (Oud), François Couturier (Piano), Klaus Gesing (Bass Clarinet), Björn Meyer (Bass) and Pietro Mianiti (Orchestra della Svizzera Italiana).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the noon hour as I start up today’s exercise routine with one of my favorite albums from Anouar. It is simply a beautiful album written in time of, as the album description states, “The music of Souvenance, by turns graceful, hypnotic, and taut and starkly dramatic…"

Love this album and, as always, it is sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

:+1::+1:

1 Like

Coming soon again from AS I think (sure I’ve got it on order? :thinking:) along with the Johnny Hartman

More Eddie Brickell, this time with Steve Martin.

3 Likes

I’ve given you a like for your humour but the Mayall “Beano” album was musically speaking a belter.
Imo.

@igahman I have a Clapton record where he appears only on the right channel. Sounds great with the balance knob turned all the way to the left!
:joy:

2 Likes

Pink Floyd, DSOTM. Two things came to mind thinking of dark. :joy:

28 Likes

It is, later this month. AS are also re-releasing the Duke Meets Coleman Hawkins on Impulse! and that is fantastic.

1 Like

I do have it but ssssssssssh dont tell anyone :wink:

1 Like

Mary Black, by the time it gets dark. This is the second one. Love it. :relaxed:

16 Likes

Streaming Joni’s A Woman in the East. Aries really impressing me now but it displays the album art

Scary,

10 Likes

If you admit to having an Adele album…………:scream:

1 Like

Christian McBride & Inside Straight Live At The Village Vanguard / 2021 Mack Avenue / US CD / MAC1192

Christian McBride Bass
Warren Wolf Vibraphone
Steve Wilson Saxophone
Peter Martin Piano
Carl Allen Drums

10 Likes

Valarie Simpson from 1972

Better known for the songwriter duo Ashford and Simpson.

4 Likes