What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

@Charles64 – the 2017 has a bit too much bass for me.

Best sounding Lows I have heard are UK first press, Japanese RCA first and second press and the green label RCA International from the early 80s.

4 Likes

Just had a listen, noice :grinning:

Thanks Kevster.

Spotted a first or very early UK press in my mates shop today, it had just come in, so will check condition and price tomorrow.

The Green label pops up now and again too, so I’ll hopefully get a better sounding one than this 2017.

2 Likes

Vladimir Horowitz - ‘The Magic of Horowitz’ (2003). Well, this is a compilation of the earlier late 1980s material on DG. So one may think that it isn’t of interest as you will probably have those recordings anyhow. However, there are two things that make this special in its own right. Firstly there is some unreleased material, some of which is impromptu warming up combined with ‘studio chatter’. One gets the impression that DG are giving you everything from the vaults here, a privileged ‘behind the scenes’ insight. Secondly there is a DVD of the 1987 film of Horowitz recording Mozart’s Piano Concerto K488, previously only on VHS. Great stuff.

4 Likes

Bryan Adams - The Best Of Me.

5 Likes

6 Likes

If that UK is still available and in good condition, buy it! My first pressing was left behind after a breakup. Much later on, I got the 2017… then looked for another UK first press - took awhile cos I wanted the peripheries (sticker, fan insert). The 2017 was consigned to the ‘to go’ pile pretty quickly after I found one.

1 Like

Folder
Not dis-similar to The Imperial but not as engaging on first listen. Still enjoyable but I doubt it will be the forum favourite that its predecessor was…

9 Likes

Watching on Youtube, but music is music right?
The big man is always right there on guitar.

3 Likes

Robert Fripp Exposure

I suspect that the short-form songs and post-punk energy confounded the expectations of anybody with an opinion on what the first solo album from this prog-rock dinosaur should sound like. I love the raw emotion of Peter Gabriel’s vocals on Here Comes the Flood. However, I’m not sure he could get away these days with the audio vérité vocals recorded through the wall of his NYC apartment on NY3.

11 Likes

I hope your copy is better than mine, I have a number of clicks on both sides which really ruin it for me

1 Like

17 Likes

Ese & The Vodoo People - Home is Where The Hatred Is

For me their best track yet and by a margin really love that flute it gives the whole track a real Spiritual Jazz feel and the vocal is top notch, really, really well done Kev to take such a strong track and do nothing to detract from the original whilst adding something is no mean feat.

I’d even go as far as to say that I’d listen to that over Esther’s version as I prefer Ese’s vocal, it’s crying out for a 12" release Kev maybe an instrumental version too.

10 Likes

Did you get the regular edition or the limited double cd?

A couple of trax of this. Due out June.

5 Likes

Those of you in the US will shortly be able to buy a copy of this album cover on an M&M’s sweetie bag as the company have signed deals with some artists to feature their artwork on their new range of candy bags. This is not an April Folls joke.
Kacey Musgraves Golden Hour cover is also amongst those being reproduced as a sweetie bag. Whatever next.
Not sure if they are getting a release this side of the pond.

14 Likes

And she also gave advice on fashionable clothing to Miles apparently. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Cool song, autoplayed by Spotify…interesting name Phaedra with some Greek mythology.

Some Velvet Morning - Nancy Sinatra

This song I heard on a Ferry Corsten @ Spundae CD and it blew me away…great Dutch Trance…quality. Totally unrelated songs but the name Velvet Morning is compelling:

Velvet Morning (Mirco De Govia Remix Cut)

Here is the full Spotify version and its intended to be mixed so begins and ends with long playout:

Here is a bonus song…in fact this is the song Velvet Morning is mixed into on the Spundae CD…if you like Dutch Trance from the early 2000s this these two songs will be enjoyable to you!

Crank it up!

Mesh - Purple Haze (Original Mix) (2003)

Here is the Spotify version and it is a beast:

SITG

5 Likes

Steely Dan Katy Lied / 2012 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY25038

And every word we sang
I knew was true

23 Likes

Steely Dan - Aja

Geoff, I was playing this yesterday following a post from Rick Beato with his (very enthusiastic!) analysis of the song Josie. Not my favourite SD album, but they’re all very good.

28 Likes