What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

@Bobthebuilder
Reminds me of a remark by Spike Milligan about Prince Charles :joy:

As @TheKevster states. Generally you can pick up good original UK pressings fairly easily

2 Likes

Genesis - ‘Spot the Pigeon’ (1977). I acquired this EP when it first came out on vinyl as a 7 inch. It was also released as a 12 inch. What I didn’t realise until a month ago was that it had been released on CD as a mini CD. So, I now have it, my only mini CD so far and it plays fine on the CD555. I am not sure if these discs would play on a CD player with no puck (like the DVD5 or HDX) or on the Uniti Star? The music - an unusual one this, containing material from the ‘Wind and Wuthering’ sessions which didn’t make it onto the album. Times were a changing as one of the EP tracks ‘Inside and Out’ is more prog than some tracks on ‘Wind and Wuthering’. The other two tracks on the EP are more poppy. They are good but I’m glad they didn’t displace ‘One for the Vine’, ‘Blood in the Rooftops’ etc. on the W&W album. Great to have this EP on CD!

9 Likes

Make sure the green label one is UK 1981 pressing with ‘bilbo’ on side one runout.
I confess to not having a copy (I’ve two UK originals in great condition) but it’s (as the Aladdin Sane variant that I do own) supposedly far better than the non-bilbo pressing.

2 Likes

I don’t get the general dislike for the 2017 pressing. Yes it has a bit more bass but not too much and the pressings are good. I remember people didn’t like the RCA Internationals, now they’re seen as great copies!

2 Likes

Why not, one of the classic covers of all time!

1 Like

Amos Lee - Dreamland
First listen, so far brilliant!

12 Likes

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers A Night In Tunisia / 2005 Blue Note / EU CD / 724387526129

18 Likes

Just playing the latest album by alt-J ‘The Dream’ and sounding v good

4 Likes

AC/DC T.N.T. Australian Albert second press. Released world wide as High Voltage with a revised track listing. This flows as an album better.

9 Likes

Neyla Pekarek - Rattlesnake

2 Likes

<<>>

Happy 60th Birthday Sheryl Crow! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on 11th February 1962 in Kennett, Missouri :us:

15 Likes

Alt-J new arrivals.

4 Likes

Went to see Ross Noble last night and this was playing in the interval.

Like. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The Cactus Blossoms - One Day

2 Likes

John McLaughlin and the One Truth Band - ‘Electric Dreams’ (1979). Always enjoyed this one. After the high energy of the Mahavishnu Orchestra and the collaboration with Shakti, this is more understated jazz fusion. The consecutive tracks ‘Miles Davis’, ‘Electric Dreams, Electric Sighs’ and ‘Desire and the Comforter’ on side 1 are particular favourites. I remember hearing this in ‘Sounds Interesting’ with Derek Jewell on BBC Radio 3. In FM of course, no DAB or internet radio in those days!

8 Likes

Curtis Mayfield - Superfly.

12 Likes

The Movies - ‘The Movies’ (1975). Now here’s a blast from the past. The first album by the UK band The Movies. Gentle, low key stuff with clever twists, nicely recorded. This vinyl sounds like it was made yesterday. I don’t think any of their albums came out on CD. I first heard the band with their second album ‘Double A’ then found this at my local record library. Bought my own copy later!

4 Likes

Alice Jones - poor strange girl -WAV CD rip
Fine folk singer, some gentle keyboard work and excellent vocals, moving ballads, murder tales and fun numbers, really enjoyable.

3 Likes

Joss Stone - Never Forget My Love

8 Likes