What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

19 Likes

61xukZdypnL.AC
The Beatles - Abbey Road, listening to the 2019 mix.

31 Likes

Funnily enough I listened to some Ferry Corsten a couple of days ago. Will give your recommendation a try.

I was sorting through my ripped CD collection on iTunes. Hundreds of dance CD’s from the early 90’s onwards.

A late night out at the Astoria on Charing Cross Rd in 1988 (Nicky Holloway) was to blame :grinning:

1 Like

New double album from Big Thief - Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You. V good and much better than the title! That’s 2 great albums, and counting, released today ( the other is by alt-J)

4 Likes

Any good John ? I have her very first blues album and didn’t like the following albums

Maybe this one Ok?

1 Like

Hi Dread. I understand and agree with your dislike of EC but Cream’s version of Spoonful on the Wheels of Fire album is so incredible that I just can’t bring myself to sell the LP. Sorry. It was a major part of my late teens so what is a feller to do?

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t mean to imply the 2017 was particularly bad ( re-reading my post I gave that impression), but the UK was just better ( it was in EX+++ condition too) and I didn’t need two copies.
Plus, I like originals.

2 Likes

Saw them a number of times. Always puy on a good show. You should pop on to their web site as there is a number of live and unrelased trax on it available for downloading FOC.

1 Like

R-1544593-1227362962
10cc - The Hits, an early cd with superb sound quality, essentially 16 tracks from the first two albums.

14 Likes

I didn’t enjoy it, nowhere near as good as her early albums, the SQ wasn’t good and songs were poor. Though it was a first listen and through AirPods, but I do have a strong feeling this won’t be a grower or sound any better through my speakers. Disappointing as I all I wanted to do was turn it off.

1 Like

The Cars - Heartbeat City

14 Likes

Added a Silent Angel F1 PS to the Chord EE8 and am getting a surprising uplift across all genres. This is sounding glorious!

G

21 Likes

51xp8HdMdeL.AC
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard deluxe edition, spinning the second disc which is a live concert recorded at The Hammersmith Odeon.

24 Likes

@Bobthebuilder

Why thank you very much Bob. It’s definitely coming out on CD in a couple of months’ time as part of a mini-album called Tainted Love. If there is the demand for a vinyl version I could put one out, although the caveat is that it was all recorded digitally, and there are still very lengthy delays in the vinyl supply/production chain…

1 Like

@Debs your posting of my favourite SC track All I Wanna Do reminded me that I have this excellent CD single featuring 4 (more) of her best songs, so celebrating with a spin of this today!

Sheryl Crow A Change Would Do You Good / 1997 A&M / UK CD single / 5822712

1 A Change Would Do You Good
2 Everyday Is A Winding Road
3 If It Makes You Happy
4 Hard To Make A Stand

12 Likes

Molly Tuttle ‎– When You’re Ready
CD|2019

9 Likes

Forced Witness - Alex Cameron.

Going to see The Rooftop Concert at nearby IMAX screen later, so preparing by not playing that.

Sunken Condos. Donald Fagen CD. Perhaps not quite as good as Morph, but still very good imho.

Since Steely Dan split in 1980, ( 42 years ago!!!) Fagen has released 4 solo studio albums, and 2 further Steely Dan albums with Becker. Slow by any standards.

81jVFX1-WGL.AC_SY355

17 Likes

Yellowjackets Politics / 1998 MCA / US CD / MCAD6236

3 Likes