What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Kelly Hunt - Even the Sparrow
CD|2019

Folk. Really enjoyable album. I play this regularly.

3 Likes

Going, Going, Gone - Mild High Club

Wonderfully slick and easy on the ear, yet packed full of slightly warped soulful, funky pop all wrapped in a sumptuous high gloss production.

He must have imbibed many a Steely Dan record, and crate dug a fair whack of 70s/80s Latino pop.

1 Like

Yes, sad news about that great multi-talented musician.

1 Like

4 Likes

This is the album you want then.

Word of warning do not play the track Spectre.

8 Likes

I dunno whatever gave you that impression, anyway what yer apologising to me for, you cant help it :wink:

Thanks Andy queued up.:+1:

1 Like

Heading offline for a week or so in the Welsh countryside, got to top up my community payback hours.

Toodle pip all
:heart:

7 Likes

Looking forward to another evening of Jazz on Internet Radio

My current favourite station is now playing
Jazz - WRTI 90.1 Jazz (Philadelphia, USA)
new URL https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/WRTI_JAZZ.mp3

Maybe later the long-term go-to (as competition beating that into second place takes some doing)
Jazz - The Jazz Groove - Mix 1 - laid-back jazz (San Francisco, USA)
URL http://west-mp3-128.streamthejazzgroove.com/stream
jazz-groove-laid-back

Then maybe the new “flac” kid on the block
Jazz - City Radio - jazz, smooth jazz and crossover jazz (Chile) (flac)
URL http://cityradio.ddns.net:8000/cityradio48flac
city-radio
All great content and SQ.

2 Likes

2020 master. German language again. This time, though, the vinyl’s red.

23 Likes

Now Playing…

The Delines - The Sea Drift

Amy Boone (Vocals), Cory Gray (Keyboards, Trumpet), Sean Oldham (Percussion, Vocals), Freddy Trujillo (Bass, Vocals), Willy Vlautin (Guitar, Vocals), Kyleen King (Violin, Viola), Patti King (Violin), Collin Oldham (Cello), Noah Bernstein (Saxophone) and John Morgan Askew (Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Friday Morning with ‘The Delines’ new album which was released today and Amy and the band are sounding mighty fine!

12 Likes

Continuing with the mighty ‘oo! This Classic Records version of Quadrophenia is just staggering

19 Likes

Graham, I’d also suggest this one along with Andy’s recommendation.
A little easier on the ear.:sunglasses:

Kronos Quartet Plays Terry Riley.
Salome Dances For Peace

7 Likes

I was going to spin Joss Stone’s new one but after seeing @johnt’s assessment I’ll leave it for another day and play an old favourite that I really enjoy and haven’t listened to in a while.

Hybrid | Disappear Here | 2010

3 Likes

Mark Knopfler, Privateering. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

16 Likes

John Williams, Star Wars: the empire strikes back. Woke up really early this Saturday morning down under with this in my mind. Let’s give it a good listen.

7 Likes

Now playing Kate Bush, just wonderful!

33 Likes

Warpaint: Warpaint.

4 Likes

Madonna - Confessions on a Dance Floor, CD rip. Just finishing off work and needed something lively to keep me going, so time for peak disco Madge!

9 Likes

First listen, not a bad album. But it sounds like everything they ever did. Not a buy this time for me.

8 Likes