What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Giant Sand: Cover magazine. Can’t go wrong with a bit of Howe. Do the funky chicken.

3 Likes

61BzbzTdJxL.SS500
Santana - Welcome, when I was a callow teen this lp was hard work, but many decades later I feel I can at least appreciate it more. However, where are the guitar solos ? :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Now playing…

Kronos Quartet - Salome Dances for Peace

Hank Dutt (Viola), David Harrington (Violin), Joan Jeanrenaud (Cello) and John Sherba (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @anon10403888 above had me place in the Queue and now taking out for a spin as I start up today’s exercise routine. …and the Quartet is sounding sublime!

6 Likes

Hybrid | Black Halo | 2021
Sticking with Hybrid for tonight and their latest which, kicks off with a stunning opening track.

2 Likes

It’s a fabulous album. Enjoy it!

1 Like

Jellyfish - Bellybutton. Superb power-pop. Oh, how I wish they’d recorded more than two albums before calling it a day.

11 Likes

Santana Moonflower / 2003 Columbia / Austria CD x 2 / 5111312

Your Welcome… made me do it!

23 Likes

Brand X, Unorthodox Behaviour. Thank you @Naimsw. Awesome. :blush:

8 Likes

Now you’re talking :laughing:

1 Like

B000024R2T
The Guitar Sounds Of James Burton.

8 Likes

I will be your mirror: a tribute to Velvet Underground & Nico. Tribute release in 2021 of the original 1967 album the valvet underground & Nico. Sounds superb! :blush:

Thank you @steviebee & @Pete_the_painter for pointing out the error! :pray:

9 Likes

I’d say their best album, full stop.

3 Likes

One of the guitar greats who never gets a lot of coverage is Danny Gatton - Rockabilly, Blues, Country, Surf Guitar, Jazz - Danny does the lot.

4 Likes

Great album to end your evening, pop at it’s best.

1 Like

51SfqkgQ+NL.UX500_FMwebp_QL85.jpg

First play, triple vinyl box set… :notes: :grin: :+1:

12 Likes

Allman Brothers Band. Eat a peach.
After playing Cream it was inevitable I would turn to these Southern boys.

Whipping post is far too short at 20mins though

17 Likes

Really glad you like this. In my view it’s a classic album of jazz rock. :grinning:

1 Like

I am sure to listen to their other albums. Was glued to it from the first track nuclear burn. :fire:

Thank you again! Have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks, that’s great. In addition to the original albums, there is another CD called Missing Period. This is a release containing two brilliant sessions for BBC Radio 1 in the UK recorded in 1976. This is the ‘Unorthodox Behaviour’ period. The track ‘Dead Pretty’ is an amazing alternative version of ‘Born Ugly’ on the UB album. Happy listening!:grinning:

1 Like

@Pete_the_painter all the Bon albums are great. For me If You Want Blood is probably my favourite. But then that was my first AC/DC album I owned. Nothing after Back in Black is worth listening to :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes