What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

And the BBC version of Why Should I Lend You Mine When You’ve Broken Yours Off Already? is way better than the version on Moroccan Roll.

1 Like

Everything after Back in Black just sounds the same imo.

2 Likes

Agreed. Those BBC sessions were great.

A cracking album and a great start to a Friday evening listening session

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - The Future

4 Likes

This is a fun album.

5 Likes

John McLaughlin and The Heart of Things - ‘Live in Paris’ (2000). John made a terrific self titled debut album with his group ‘The Heart of Things’ in 1997. This is a blistering follow up playing some of this material live. Modern high powered electric jazz fusion!!

9 Likes

81Ll036DoqL.SS500
Jimmy Smith - The Sermon!, an incredible album recorded over two sessions, with a who’s who of jazz greats in attendance.

14 Likes

Now playing…

Kronos Quartet - Short Stories

Hank Dutt (Viola), David Harrington (Violin), Joan Jeanrenaud (Cello), John Sherba (Violin), Krishna Bhatt (Tabla), John Constant (Tamboura), Steven Mackey (Guitar), Pran Nath (Vocals), Terry Riley (Organ, Tambura) and I.F. Stone (Speaker).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… while completing today’s exercise routine I started up this second album from the Kronos Quartet that was mentioned by @AndyP above and the music is sounding sublime! …now sitting down with a cup of coffee and a sandwich and listening to the rest of the album. Life is sweet…

10 Likes

And that’s a bad thing??

1 Like

Great album and another really great album cover.

1 Like

The Doobie Brothers Taking it to the Streets

15 Likes

Brand X, the plot thins. A history of Brand X.

Can’t find Missing Period in streaming platforms. Anyway, this is good, too. :wink:

3 Likes

Brand X, livestock. This morning has turned into a Brand X morning for me. :relaxed:

3 Likes

That birds obviously looking for worms.

2 Likes

Root Down, Jimmy Smith Live!

11 Likes

Such a good album. Is yours the Quiex 200gm version or the (cheaper!) 140gm version. I have wondered how big the difference in…

1 Like

Don McLean American Pie

20 Likes

Now playing Red Bazar from Nottingham, UK on Bandcamp. Just brilliant prog/rock🤩

2 Likes

Just discovering Kaleo. Icelandic bluesy rock 4 piece that are friends from primary school. Kaleo means sound in Hawaiian. Lead singer/guitarist has a great voice (aside from being incredibly good looking - he has it all!).

4 Likes

Thanks @anon10403888 . My education continues.

1 Like