What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

9 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy - WAV rip from the SHM CD
Sophisticated complex rock from a band who knew each other so well, it rocks really hard while being intelligent. First Saturday at home for a while, a bottle of wine drunk, so it’s LOUD!!

28 Likes

I have imported a couple of shm cd’s from Japan of Steely Dan………need to buy my Melco ripper to try them out.

It’s nice to follow a band chronologically I think, David…and VU&N and WLWH are surely very different to Loaded, as is the 3rd album to all of them (it’s a stone classic too).

1 Like

Totally, I am reading about it now and learning. Loaded was the 4th album. Now I know. And Andy Warhol was dismissed after the 1st album. Sad. Thank you for all the tips! Have an awesome weekend! :+1:

1 Like

You too David.
VU were one hell of a band, one of the very finest.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Texas - Rick’s Road, from when they were still a rock/pop band.

7 Likes

Yes - ‘Going for the One’ (1977). This was an event for a number of reasons. It was the first release for two and a half years and it marked the return of Rick Wakeman to the band. More accessible that its predecessor ‘Relayer’ (1974) it is still a prog classic and was a real return to form. Every track is strong, the upbeat title track, the classy ‘Turn of the Century’ right up to the epic ‘Awaken’. It was released when prog was being overrun by the punk revolution but was popular nonetheless. It was the first Yes album I heard. I found yes to be an acquired taste at first but once you have acquired it……. ‘Close to the Edge’ etc. soon followed! The last great album by the classic lineup.

23 Likes

Yes - ‘Close to the Edge’ (1972). What can I say? One of the iconic prog albums that defined the genre.

27 Likes

2014 mono vinyl…

28 Likes

How does it sound? Would love to hear this.

The Delines - The Sea Drift

Gorgeous songwriting for grown-ups, but I like it anyway :wink:

15 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street - 16/44 WAV download
Chaotic powerful rock brilliance.

20 Likes

The velvet underground. The 3rd album which is self titled. No Nico. I was actually playing the delux version (5 hrs 20m long). While really enjoying it, decided to switch back to this (standard 43m album) because I just don’t know where the extra 4 plus hours come from and wanted to stay true to what the 3rd album was. :relaxed:

No prize guessing what will be played next! :joy:

13 Likes

Al Greens Greatest Hits

15 Likes

Kraftwerk

18 Likes

Now playing…

Prince - One Nite Alone…

Prince (Piano, Vocals), The Doves: Divinity And Majesty (Vocals) and John-Blackwell (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… A mention from @T38.45 over in the ‘Beautiful Music That Reduces You to Tears’ thread had me choose this album to move into the late afternoon with Prince, and he is sounding sublime! One sweet album…

7 Likes

Enjoying the VU? Theywere way ahead of the time.

Now playing…

Fairport Convention - Leige & Leif

Sandy Denny (Guitar, Vocals), Ashley Hutchings (Bass, Bass Guitar, Vocals), Dave Mattacks (Drums), Simon Nicol (Guitar, Vocals), Dave Swarbrick (Mandolin, Viola, Violin, Vocals) and Richard Thompson (Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the late afternoon with Fairport Convention Sandy and the band are sounding mighty fine!

22 Likes

Brian Auger +Trinity feat Julie Driscoll- Streetnoise

5 Likes