What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

The second sessions disc is also really good.

Remembering.

9 Likes

The Velvet Underground, Loaded. This and the last (3rd) album are more accessible or commercial than the first two, esp the peeling banana album. Maybe thats the maturing process. :relaxed:

14 Likes

LP - Charisma 1980 : )

<>

Peter Gabriel - vocals, back vocals, piano, synthesizer, whistle, drum pattern on “Biko”
Larry Fast – synthesizer, processing, bagpipes on “Biko”
David Rhodes – guitar, backing vocals
Robert Fripp – guitar on “No Self Control”, “I Don’t Remember” and “Not One of Us”
Dave Gregory – electric guitar on “I Don’t Remember” and “Family Snapshot”
Paul Weller – electric guitar on “And Through the Wire”
John Giblin – bass guitar
Tony Levin – Chapman Stick on “I Don’t Remember”
Jerry Marotta – drums, percussion
Phil Collins – drums, percussion
Morris Pert – percussion on “Intruder”, “No Self Control” and “Lead a Normal Life”
Richard Morrissey – saxophone on “Start”, “Family Snapshot” and “Lead a Normal Life”
Kate Bush – backing vocals on “No Self Control” and “Games Without Frontiers”
Steve Lillywhite, Hugh Padgham – whistles on “Games Without Frontiers”
Dave Ferguson – screeches on “Biko”

Recordings from Manor Mobile Studio, Bath, & Townhouse Studios, London. 1979

<<>> <<>> <<>>

Happy Birthday Peter Gabriel :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on 13 February 1950 in Chobham, Surrey, England :uk:

34 Likes

Natalie Cole. Still Unforgettable. Omg, it feels like forever since I last listened to Natalie Cole. Joining @bpou with some NC magic. Let’s go with this first. Expanded edition it has to be. :relaxed:

I submit, making a cup of coffee. :kissing_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

More likely the Doug Yule process and continuing lack of John Cale.

And… they were a rock n roll band, after all!

1 Like

Deceptively simple.

.sjb

2 Likes

Completely agree!

Now this is funny

New Zealand plays Barry Manilow to repel parliament protesters New Zealand plays Barry Manilow to repel parliament protesters - BBC News

4 Likes

Hopefully it worked

It would with me

Yes I saw it they first tried garden hoses on them but the protesters dug trenches to divert the water pipes

Ingenious those kiwis​:crazy_face::+1:

I might start doing it to get rid of unwanted guests.

10 Likes

Pink Martini Splendor In The Grass

8 Likes

To start the day…

Nat King Cole - 1956 The Complete After Midnight Sessions

12 Likes

Yes a great new Amos Lee album…….and only £7.39 as a download on Qobuz…… @NigelB one not to miss.

4 Likes

Yes - ‘Yessongs’ (1973). Possibly the archetypal seventies triple live album with classic Roger Dean sleeve released at the height of the prog era. Owing to my age at the time(!), I first heard this after ‘Going for the One’ and it introduced me to the classic tracks on ‘The Yes Album’, ‘Fragile’ and ‘Close to the Edge’. I worked back through the studio albums later. Also, a great solo from Rick Wakeman. Although I had heard ‘White Rock’ this introduced me to the ‘Six Wives’ material. Whilst everyone had moved on from prog, I was just discovering it! A great album!

21 Likes

Loaded is the 4th album which was followed (in name) by their 5th album.

3 Likes

This album has really grown on me though it’s taken several listens, a mellow album ideal for Sunday mornings

3 Likes

If you want live Yes, but with better SQ than Yessongs, then I’d recommend you try Keys to Ascension 1&2. It’s also better sound than any of the Progeny set.

4 Likes

Pat Metheny Group - The Way Up

CD rip

14 Likes