What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

12 Likes

And moving on - something a little rougher shall we say?

I still can’t believe they only made 2 albums - because every time I play them - no matter where or on what system it’s always like it’s the first time - I don’t know why but that’s the way it is and I’m so glad “Hooky" started to play them again!

6 Likes

RW even managed to get a Naim coloured scheme for the sleeve to this rather excellent album!

13 Likes

The beguiling trance music of Evan Wright.
Sound From Out The Window.

1 Like

Tangerine Dream - ‘Stratosfear’ (1976). This is a tremendously atmospheric album and my personal favourite from the TD canon and it was my introduction to their work. It marks their move to slightly more accessible material. This is the last Virgin studio album from the classic Froese, Franke, Baumann line up. There are only four tracks all of which are superb. The slower sections of the title track are a particular highlight. It has one of the best named tracks I have come across in ‘3 a.m. at the Border of the Marsh from Ofefenokee’!

14 Likes

Birdy, piano sketches. I really don’t need something really grand and full. This simple one is beautiful. :relaxed:

1 Like

Gillian Welch, Boots no.1: The official revival bootleg. Simply beautiful, strings this time. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Climax Blues Band - ‘Shine On’ (1978). This was the follow up to their famous ‘Gold Plated’ album which contained the hit ‘Couldn’t Get It Right’. I feel ‘Shine On’ is a really great album in its own right with a whole raft of catchy songs. My personal favourites are at the start of side 2, the tracks ‘Whatcha Feel’ and ‘Teardrops’. ‘Whatcha Feel’ has multiple sections and some very catchy and surprising twists. Very entertaining.

4 Likes

81lvT43EkaL.SS500
Newton Faulkner - Hand Built By Robots.

5 Likes

George Russell’s “New York, NY”

The recent Acoustic Sounds reissues of Verve, Decca, Impulse etc., supervised by Chad Kassem, are excellent. This LP was mastered by Ryan Smith and is crystal clear.

Stellar line up of musicians on this recording - Coltrane, Evans et al - and with some brilliant narration between the tracks by Jon Hendricks. Worth picking up.

5 Likes

By this band

8 Likes

Climax Blues Band - ‘Real to Reel’ (1979). ‘Climax’ come to the end of the seventies with this fine album of catchy and tuneful songs. ‘Summer Rain’ and ‘Children of the Nightime’. ‘Fallen in Love (For the Very Last Time) and ‘Crazy World’ stand out for me but it is all good fun!

7 Likes

Moving Pictures. Brilliant album. Where did the 40 years go? I’m tempted by the 5 LP box set.

2 Likes

:thinking: Nothing newsworthy but thought it was the BeeGees in full force

Odd how the audio sounds different in the link compared to embedded in the browser (better for me).

6 Likes

Ok - last one for the night - something in a totally different direction - but another great bass player!

7 Likes

Featuring the wonderful voice of Jim James, of my favourite “rock” band of the last twenty years, My Morning Jacket.

Despite being a fan of most of the people involved, and a huge fan of Bob’s, this album rarely gets an outing. Can’t remember if it was any good really.

1 Like

2019 - Celeste //Compilation 1.1

4 Likes

SACD remastered ABKCO Records

First listen. Comparing against “Let It Bleed” & “Aftermath”, I’m a bit disappointed.

At first I thought “who is this?” Sounded like a different band.

Back Street Girl, Please Go Home and thereafter is not too bad. But no contest compared to the two albums mentioned above.

More Stones will arrive tomorrow.

13 Likes

You can’t always get what you want…:wink:

6 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like