What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

That’s the spirit!:sunglasses:

R
Lindisfarne - Dingley Dell.

12 Likes

Quite the track.

9 Likes

The Velvet Underground: The Complete Matrix Tapes CD boxset. My utter thanks to @ChrisG for bringing this set to my attention. Glorious stuff from the 2nd VU lineup.
Playing on 'phones tonight - going to be great in the room tomorrow…

8 Likes

Gotta leave the day alone. Finishing with this. Given the time, maybe not the whole album though X)

3 Likes

Sky - ‘Sky’ (1979). Following on from the John Williams album ‘Travelling’ we have the first album by his band ‘Sky’. This is a classy record played by very accomplished ‘star’ musicians. On side 1 there is a variety of very nice shorter tracks with some classical crossover material. On side 2 we have full prog mode with one single track ‘Where Opposites Meet’ which has multiple parts. A great debut!

13 Likes

2006 - Esperanza Spalding // Junjo

7 Likes

That brings a tear to my eye. Introduced to that by my Dad when I was a youngster. I have not listened to it in years, but will dig it out tomorrow, thank you 8)

1 Like

The Go Betweens Friends of Rachel Worth

4 Likes

The Delines The Sea Drift

9 Likes

Another sleepless night due to battering winds with another storm queued up. Not listening to any music but
Rolling Stones Aftermath Track one playing in my head over and over.

1 Like

Saw them live a couple of times. They were excellent and entertaining.

2 Likes

Van Duren - Open Secret

Falling somewhere between McCartney and Michael Penn.

1 Like

Glad you like it, it’s surprisingly well recorded if you like that live in the room sound. You remember “1969 The Velvet Underground Live” LP, the one with the wonderful cover, that was taken from these tapes but I think the Matrix set sound is better.

1 Like

Sweet Pea Atkinson - Get What You Deserve

3 Likes

Distant Hills / Oregon

4 Likes

Bill Evans Trio Waltz For Debby / 2010 OJC Riverside / EU CD / 0888072323261

15 Likes

I saw Andre Williams opening for The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion at Shepherds Bush Empire there was a lot of talk at the time about him being more outrageous than Little Richard, he didn’t quite live up to that but it was good fun.

1 Like

Lou Reed New York remastered

18 Likes

Ah… that album. One that I never got round to hearing or buying…same as Max’s, another VU I never bought.