What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

81I1qz+ktPS.AC_UY436_QL65

On white vinyl… :notes: :+1: :grin:

6 Likes

Steely Dan - Northeast Corridor

Only three tracks per side, but maybe that enables a higher S/N ratio. I chose to get this on vinyl for when my Radikal 2 upgrade kit arrives, but couldn’t wait! It’s dead flat and quiet vinyl too.

15 Likes

SACD REMASTERED. Love it, love it!

23 Likes

CD, playing this now. Great album imo.

13 Likes

Faces - A Nod Is As Good As A Wink…

23 Likes

81XNVFbYnnL.AC_UY436_QL65

On vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:

8 Likes

Great album, young Pike! You do surprise me every now and then.:sunglasses:

1 Like

First listen, saw him on this tour so interesting to compare recollection with a recording.

1 Like

Thought I’d give Così a whirl while looking at my new book, by Cosey…nice contrast.

10 Likes

Otis Taylor - Double V

8 Likes
4 Likes

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

Supreme in every way! Of all the jazz albums I own, which must be >1,000, I find this consistently to be the most satisfying. JC, McCoy, Jimmy and Elvin playing as one. It was one of those albums which I just didn’t understand for years. I had bought it on the recommendation of a friend and at first thought it had been a waste of money. Twenty or so years later I finally got it!

21 Likes

Madonna - Ray of Light

I’ve listened to this many times before and loved it mostly in the 282/SCap DR days. But I’m blown away by this and my other Madonna albums. The new Innuos 2.0.8 is game changing.

Phil

17 Likes

Tom Petty Full Moon Fever / 1989 MCA / US CD / MCAD 6253

Not much chance of seeing it tonight, but this will make up for it!

23 Likes

I’ve wanted this for ages and finally found a copy in Denmark on Discogs. It arrived today and is ripped and playing. Jakob Bro recorded a few albums for Loveland and I much prefer them to his excessively noodly - some might call them a tad boring - ECM albums.

3 Likes

Not listened to this in a while

John Mellencamp - Sad Clowns & Hillbillies

This is the 2017 release which features Carlene Carter duetting on 5 of the 13 tracks and I must say it all sounds rather good

7 Likes

Fiona Apple, Tidal

10 Likes

4 Likes

On Vinyl:-

Wings - Wild Life

14 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :grinning:

22 Likes