What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Best selling album of 1981 (though released in 1980). Mr Goddard’s finest.

10 Likes

Just arrived:

SACD REMASTERED ABKCO

First listen. :thinking:

From the first guitar plucks, I like it. Quite raw and appreciate most tracks are covers. However, I can hear that “Stones” magic/style already. This will definitely get played again :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

What happened with “Between The Buttons “ ??? :face_vomiting:

18 Likes

Now playing…

Sweet Pea Atkinson - Get What You Deserve

Sweet Pea Atkinson (Vocals), Mindi Abair (Saxophone), Michael Bearden (Piano, Wurlitzer), Rayse Biggs (Trumpet), Sir Harry Bowens (Vocals), Alex Brown (Vocals), Paulie Cerra (Saxophone), Chad Cromwell (Drums), Melonie Daniels (Vocals), David Delhomme (Fender Rhodes), Heather Donavon (Vocals), James Gadson (Drums), Edward Gooch (Trombone), Bobbette Hairston (Vocals), Timothy Hewitt (Saxophone), Phillip Ingram (Vocals), Randy Jacobs (Guitar), Keb’ Mo’ (Electric Guitar, Keyboards), Amy Keys (Vocals), Darrell Leonard (Trumpet), Paul Litterall (Trumpet), Reggie McBride (Bass), Myron McKinley (Keyboards), Marcus Miller (Bass), Jamie Muhoberac (Keyboards), Jeff Paris (Keyboards), Luis Resto (Keyboards), Jerry “Wyzard” Seay (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards), Leven Seay (Vocals), Vida Simon (Vocals), Joe Sublett (Saxophone, Trumpet), Don Was (Bass), Julia Waters (Vocals), Maxine Waters (Vocals) and Jeff Young (Organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @johnt & @Gazza earlier had me place in the queue and kicking off this Wednesday morning with ‘Sweet Pea’ and his talented group of musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

Some Detroit bro’s for you……enjoy.

2 Likes

George Strait another excellent album.

4 Likes

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :grinning:

23 Likes

Cosey’s book is fantastic Steve. One of the best music memoirs ever.

1 Like

Splendid 1971-recorded CD from the Brazilian master of the nylon-stringed guitar. As ever with MPS, it’s a superb recording.

5 Likes

Aerosmith. 2xCD compilation. Although I have had this for years, I’m not really familiar enough with most of it to enjoy much of it.

Young_Lust-_The_Aerosmith_Anthology

3 Likes

Now playing…

The New Basement Tapes - Lost On The River

Carla Azar (Drums), Jay Bellerose (Drums, Percussion, Tambourine), T-Bone Burnett (Electric Guitar), Elvis Costello (Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Electric Tenor Guitar, Mellotron, Organ, Slide Guitar, Ukulele, Vocals), Zach Dawes (Bass), Johnny Depp ( (Electric Guitar), Rhiannon Giddens (Banjo, Fiddle, Vocals), Griffin Goldsmith (Drums) Taylor Goldsmith (Bass,Acoustic Guitar, (Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mellotron, Organ, Piano, Vocals), Alana Haim (Vocals), Danielle Haim (Vocals), Este Haim (Vocals), S.I. Istwa (Vocals), Jim James (Bass, Electric Guitar, Mellotron, Organ, Synthesizer, Vocals), Jessica Kiley (Vocals), Bo Koster (Piano), Megan Lovell (Vocals), Rebecca Lovell (Vocals), Marcus Mumford (Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals) and Binki Shapiro (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz 96/24)… a mention from @AndyP & @Charles64 yesterday had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin… and this talented and eclectic group of musicians are sounding mighty fine!

5 Likes

41c892NOZwL._AC_1

LP(1) from this 2014 box set - Allman Brothers Band ‘The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings’.

17 Likes

Spiritualized Let it come down

Had this for years but hardly ever played it.
Thought I’d give it another go.

8 Likes

CD - Keyhole 2014 : )

Ultimate Spinach - ‎ Live At The Unicorn, July 1967

Forever associated with the so-called “Bosstown Sound” hype, Ultimate Spinach were in fact one of the more intriguing psychedelic bands to emerge from late 1960s America. This live set was recorded during their residency at one of Boston’s leading music venues in the summer of 1967, shortly before they taped their debut album. It finds them blending folk-rock, straight pop, and mind-blowing psychedelia to powerful effect. Remastered sound.

Interestingly very pleasant musically, but sadly a horrible sonic Q - not sure if it’s recording studio quality or bootleg p-poor mastering but this album deserves better :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Enjoying this one this evening…

27 Likes

I agree, it’s a awesome album!

Both George Strait and Alan Jackson have made some fine albums indeed.

1 Like

Gram Parsons, GP. Vinyl.

15 Likes

This one going on next…

17 Likes

Coltrane Live at Birdland

Another one of his best. More accessible than ALS. From the original Birdland, I assume.

8 Likes

Love this one too!

1 Like