What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Some balm, relatively speaking, after the storm of Ornette and Pat.

Russian Art Songs - Sung by Netania Davrath, piano by Erik Werba

1 Like

Goldfrapp - Head First

One of my favourite Goldfrapp albums.

Phil

13 Likes

Status Quo - ‘Live!’ (1977). Not one for a restful evening! A live double album ending the pre ‘Rockin’ All Over The World’ era. Status Quo really let rip at songs from albums mainly from ‘Piledriver’ (1972) to ‘Blue For You’ (1976). Compare studio versions of ‘In My Chair’, ‘Big Fat Mama’, ‘Is There A Better Way?’ and virtually everything else with the versions here and you’ll see what I mean!

12 Likes

It was me I think. Glad you like it!

1 Like

Grotesque - The Fall

8 Likes

It seems my post of Blind Faith’s original album cover was reported and taken down.
Is this one ok?
Makes you really wonder. Some very small minded people here!

19 Likes

Very nice ballads in great sound quality, recommended

4 Likes

The Blue Nile - High (2004)

The last of their 4 studio albums spanning 21 years… sparse output to say the least but as far as I’m concerned, they never put a foot wrong.

18 Likes

Ane Brun - Leave Me Breathless

An album of covers, which have been stripped back to the simplest of arrangements, exposing her unique voice. I love this album.

8 Likes

DJ Shadow providing the tunes whilst having a session on the Watt Bike given it’s not exactly the day for being on a real bike.

Also watching Fast and Furious 6 with no sound, not exactly like I’m missing anything in the dialogue anyway.

2 Likes

Eno-Byrne recorded '79-'80, so a groundbreaker in my eyes. Great bass from Busta Jones/Bill Laswell.

10 Likes

5 Likes

Maybe here.

8 Likes

Try Rouvy. It’ll work with the original Wattbike so long as it’s got the Blu-tooth enabled computer. The graphics are amazing and it makes those long Wattbike sessions far more tolerable.

Steely Dan what a shame about me / 2000 Giant / US Promo CD single / PROCD4267

17 Likes

Steely Dan janie runaway / 2000 Giant / US Promo CD single / PROCD100342

12 Likes

Steely Dan cousin dupree / 2000 Giant / US Promo CD single / PROCD4265

14 Likes

Steely Dan Jack Of Speed / 2000 Giant / US Promo CD single / PROCD100158

16 Likes

LP - ABC Records 2008 reissue : )

Recorded at: Village Recorders, West L.A.; Producer’s Workshop, Hollywood; Warner Bros. North Hollywood Recording Studios; ABC Recording Studios; Sound Labs, Hollywood; A&R Studios, N.Y.C. (1976-1977)

<>

Walter Becker was born on this day in 1950

born in Queens, New York City :us:

Would have been his 72nd birthday today…

Walter Carl Becker 1950-2017

24 Likes

This is an original Wattbike Pro, don’t think Bluetooth was a standard when this rolled off the production line. Bought it ex demo probably a decade ago, get it serviced each year, their service could run Naim close I’d say, impeccable.