What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Very nice

10 Likes

Yeah now that one and like it indeed

I think Frith is best known because he survived a strike by lightning twice.

1 Like

Joking aside Rafael, I do have vague recollection of the group Henry Cow. Possibly on one of John Peel’s radio shows. Hope everything is fine over there.

1 Like

More Doobie Brothers…that nice late 70’s groove which I would have hated then!

G

12 Likes

The Friends of Norman Havelock - Whimsica Sardonica

This is an album about to be released by my brother Andy (Nait 3 from new in 1994, unserviced**) which has been his side project for some time. I’ve played it through a couple of times and I really like it, especially the more upbeat tracks like Wouldn’t change a thing

It’s a concept album about a lesser known 60s figure, Norman Havelock.

It can be heard here, and there will be a vinyl record in April, ‘roughly when Ed Sheeran and Adele work drops off and some capacity is freed up at pressing plants.’ Even though he’s my brother, I’m not sure he is going to be needing all of it!

Andy also tells me that it will be available on all major streaming platforms from Jan 14th and can be pre-saved now. I’m incredibly proud of him. He kept it very quiet!

** Don’t get me started!

4 Likes

Sandy Denny - Sandy

Although I have a couple of copies of this album, I don’t have the ‘Deluxe Edition’, which I just found on Qobuz. It has no fewer than 33 tracks! Was Sandy Denny the finest British female singer-songwriter? A topic for discussion over a beer, perhaps.

19 Likes

Ludovico Einaudi - Seven Days Walking. A recommendation quite a while back from @anon4489532 . I had a listen online and liked what I heard, so I ordered the box set of 7 CDs. Spinning disc one now and it sounds excellent. With 7 CDs there’s quite a lot to get through! I suppose you’d call this modern classical.

4 Likes

Excellent. You don’t want too much of a good thing, so try one disc per day for the seven days. The way themes repeat and evolve is fascinating. In the right mood it’s really rather captivating.

2 Likes

Bauhaus - In the Flat Field

Mostly because Qobuz pulled up a track from it when I let it do its ‘DJ thing’ after I’d played a Siouxsie and the Banshees album. I’ve not listened to this for an age, 30 years? 40 years? I think it stands the test of time.

7 Likes

Thanks - very good advice and thanks for the original recommendation.

Lal & Mike Waterson - Bright Phoebus

An obscure folk masterpiece.

6 Likes

FloydFC-Cover01

Personally, my favorite.
Pink Floyd - The Final Cut 1983.

23 Likes

LP - Island Records 2014 reissue : )

Recorded at Sound Techniques, and Island Studios, London. March - May 1971
Album released in September 1971

<<>>

I remain puzzled with why her left hand appears larger than her right (?)
As clearly seen on the cover picture :thinking:

17 Likes

I was thinking maybe it wasn’t her hand but an out take shows the same bangles on her left wrist.

I’m not going to be alble to look at that cover again without noticing the hand.

8 Likes

Well it isn’t the Adam’s family ‘Thing’ because that’s a right hand.
Suppose it could be an apothecary reaction?

1 Like

Tom Petty, Into The Great Wide Open. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

13 Likes

The Golden Palominos - Blast of Silence

Pretty much anyone who was anyone played in this band.

4 Likes

Fairport convention - Liege & Lief - 1st press UK vinyl
One of the albums with which Fairport kick-started English folk-rock, trad arr blended with their own excellent songs, great rhythm section, master violinist and master guitarist with Sandy on vocals, as good as it gets.
RIP Alexandra Elene MacLean Denny.

23 Likes

The magnificent Analogue Productions 45RPM version

9 Likes