What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Gets reasonable reviews - I believe their last album not doing anymore ?

My favourite iconic Australian band

I wasn’t that impressed at first, but I did only have it on in the background. Being stuck on a chair I had the opportunity to have a good listen, I’ll definitely be playing it again.

Paul Simon Graceland

31 Likes

Sting The Dream of the Blue Turtles

24 Likes

Joe Jackson - Jumpin’ Jive on CD - originally from c.1981 (if memory serves)

A wonderful fun album which is and does what it says on the cover. It bops, swings, with Joe’s sharp vocals and great backing & instrumental arrangements. Recording quality is very good (one of Joe’s hallmarks), so the energy of the music is there in spades.

Highly recommended, especially if you need cheering up…and you may find yourself turning the volume up and your feet tapping away :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Many thanks for reminding me of Camel. I have only Mirage on vinyl so began exploring their other albums last evening.

Some truly lovely music in the “Canterbury” style.

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation, @igahman , he is a fabulous singer, he makes “Signal to Noise” from Peter Gabreil to an outstanding song, one of PGs best :+1:

2 Likes

11 Likes

David Sanborn Time Again / 2016 Verve / Japan SHM CD / UCCU5834

6 Likes

David Bowie - Station to Station

21 Likes

Dee Dee Bridgewater - Memphis… Yes, I’m Ready

9 Likes

Steve Weingart & Renee Jones Dialogue / 2011 Skeewa / US CD / SKW03

2 Likes

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold

34 Likes

No problem, glad you are enjoying the Camel😃.

1 Like

Handel : Alcina
Mi Restano Le Lagrime

I heard this aria being played by Georgia Mann on BBC Radio 3 about an hour ago and have since been scouring Qobuz trying to find an equally fine version. This is the best I’ve found. I’ve no idea what it’s about or its context in the opera, but it’s truly divine.

3 Likes

On CD….not much love on this forum for these guys but I really like them….something different to my usual fare of 1970/80s rock stuff….

2 Likes

Eagles - One Of These Nights

20 Likes

Grover Washington Jr Winelight / 2014 Elektra / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795687

8 Likes

Ringo Starr. Ringo.
Debut solo with his chums. And my favourite of his.

13 Likes

Having a bit of a bop while working in the office

This is going thru DAC-V1 /NAP100/Diamond12.0 but you’d know that!!!

5 Likes