What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Pink Floyd | The Dark Side of the Moon | 1973
This evening its getting one of its several outings of the year but it got played to death back in the day.

26 Likes

The good Captain.
Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller) 1978, US pressing.

“Two flamingoes in a fruit fight…”

10 Likes

A few months later and it was all over.

Sandy still had it but as a live album it is a bit of a sham. Both Jerry Donahue and Simon Nicol are present on this release but weren’t there on the night.

A few tracks in and the sound quality is outstanding.

14 Likes

Greg Foat Group Dancers at the Edge of Time. Bang on the money modern UK jazz. Recorded in an IoW church whose echoes and noises are almost an additional instrument. Lovely artwork too. On chunky Jazzman vinyl.

3 Likes

Greg Foat is a god.

2 Likes

Steady on Andy - or are you pitching for High Priest of the Church of Latter-day Foat and it’s charitable status?

1 Like

I think he is amazing - do you know the Hampshire & Foat stuff.

Such great music makers.

6 Likes

The Joshua Tree - U2 - 1987
Always sounds good with that Lanois/Eno production.

18 Likes

10 Likes

Both are FTD releases

5 Likes

Pink Floyd | Dark Side of the Moon | 1973
I haven’t sound checked albums back to back for quite a while and this hybrid SACD rip is standing up very well to the previously played “Black Triangle” (EMI / Toshiba) CD rip.

20 Likes

Just Finished…

FINK - IIUII (It Isn’t Until It Is)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with Fink’s ‘IIUII’ and his music is sounding sublime! …the perfect album to melt into the icy cold day out there in the real world at the moment. Warm and cosy with a lovely cup of coffee and settling into the day…

7 Likes

Bought this because of Clock which was so Kate Bush…that, and because I didn’t know Milla Jovovitch’s history, musically-speaking.

Album is somewhat confusingly called The Divine Comedy…must garner a few hits, lol.

3 Likes

Official live recording of Robin Trower in concert in 2005

7 Likes

Derek Trucks Band. Roadsongs.
Don’t need much persuasion to play this @AlanP recommendation.

Some tracks missing on qobuz for some reason.
Apple Music too so must be licensing

10 Likes

Gentle Giant - ‘The Official Live, Playing the Fool’ (1977). Live double album which ends the main prog era of ‘Gentle Giant’. This is great stuff, many of the classic prog tracks from their albums back to 1970 are included. As is often the case with GG the live versions are very different to the studio versions as ever showing a high level of musicianship and imagination. ‘On Reflection’, ‘The Runaway/Experience’, ‘So Sincere’, ‘Proclamation’ and many more. The band and the audience are clearly enjoying this progfest!

6 Likes

Dawn Landes, meet me at the river. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Big thumbs up to @Dreadatthecontrols for this one. He posted it on vinyl thread and completely new to me. What a record. Plus it sounds fabulous streamed from Qobuz

12 Likes

Indeed - pretty uncategorisable with a real sense of place. Maybe more ambient and chambery (?) than Dancers which has a definite nod to the mid 60s-70s Brit jazz explosion.

1 Like