What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Ahhh, the Britannia choice of the month, same reason I have some box set classical music that rarely sees the sight of day.

I did join a competitor that was based in Waterlooville and managed to get me a Pink Floyd box set at a massively reduced price and then they went bust, great box set though.

Had this album on cassette and it sounded great in the car stereo in the mighty MG Metro Turbo Mk2 …… happy days.

1 Like

1956 - Bud Powell / Live Birdland NYC

5 Likes

Excellent in my collection as well CD version.

Haven’t played that… well since the last century.

1 Like

Rita Coolidge, the lady’s not for sale. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Laid back Miles

3 Likes

Look up the trio Walela, David…Rita, her sister Priscilla and Niece Laura.
Good band. I prefer Ulali (very worth looking up) but Walela were more known outside of Native communities and radio.

1 Like

And it sounds pretty nice too …

11 Likes

Gone at 57 - unreal.

7 Likes

Walela, self titled album.

Info supplied by Qobuz credit to Steve Leggett/TiVo:
Walela are made up of Rita Collidge and her sister Priscilla Collidge plus Priscilla’s daughter Laura Satterfield, and when the three sing together, what emerges is a soothing, ethereal sound that fits perfectly with the sort of Native American new age gospel direction the trio favors… …there is no denying that songs like “Cherokee Morning Song” and “Wash your spirit clean” have the kind of grace and conviction that make the heart swell.

Thank you @steviebee! Sounds ethereal alright! :+1:

3 Likes

An oldie - well for me anyway!

First time I ever saw a proper Hi-Fi - Quad amps is all I remember with a large turntable - haven’t a clue on the speakers - my mates’ sisters best friend - yes I did quite fancy her at the time but her dads system was all I was looking at, at that moment anyway! Strange how you remember certain things,

15 Likes

The FTD releases is awesome!

Ulali next. Their most well- known song Mahk Jhi (I may have the spelling a little wrong). Robbie Robertson introduced them to me on his Music For The Native Americans album (great album, btw).

Ulali are wonderful.

Then we’ll get you started on the Drum Groups - brilliant stuff. Young Grey Horse Society :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much @steviebee! It’s Mahk Jchi I believe. Don’t have enough time to listen back to back before work meeting so I have saved it to playlist and will give it a good listen later! Thank you very much again. Have a good morning, afternoon, evening and night everyone. :blush:

1 Like

I’m enjoying the stream too, the vinyl didnt arrive as expected
:heart:

There are some lovely LP12’s on this thread … I wonder if their first LP sounds amazing on one?

I lost my copy way back, so now consigned to streaming it. Part of me thinks it sounded better on a £100 Dual 505 in the mid-80’s?

14 Likes

71hWtaB41tL.SS500
Joni Mitchell - Shadows And Light, Joni live with an excellent top notch live band of quality big name musos.

19 Likes

@Anonymoot

Sounds wonderful on my Linn!

2 Likes

For any Kraftwerk fans - I recommend this:

Arrived today and on first listen really enjoying - not sure how long it’s been out so I might be a little late to the party?

Wolfgang Flur has a ‘solo’ album coming next month as well - I say solo but there’s quite a few guests- Peter Hook, Midge Ure and a couple of others - my orders in!

3 Likes

Good grief - I was shocked to read that. First Gary Brooker, then Mark Lanegan. Sad day.

Wow! '‘Clone’ is like hardcore trance, and the dude is 74 years young :smiley: