What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I’ve always found Kraftwerk’s music in the main to have a good beat - but whenever you saw them ‘live’ they never moved - maybe they’d put the robots out on show after all :smiley:

1 Like

So much for winding-down on this tuesday eve …

8 Likes

A sad loss, one of my favourite artists over the years, great live act. Who would have thought with all the vices that Mark had that Covid would get him.

No doubt it does… the band had some connection with Linn I believe?
The original vinyl of Walk and Hats and the recent vinyl release of High all sound stunning on my Rega RP10… the odd one out is my reissue of Peace At Last which to my ears isn’t on par with the other three.

1 Like

Rooftops was released on Linn Records.

2 Likes

I managed to obtain vinyl copy some years ago from where I for the life of me I can’t remember - sounds excellent

I have it on CD also , vinyl better

Can’t comment on streaming as not there yet

Cheers

1 Like

@simonDC Thanks for the Wolfgang Flur recommendation, enjoying it now.

2 Likes

To start the day…

Mark Knopfler - 1983 Local Hero

16 Likes

Dire Straits - ‘Communique’ (1979). The band consolidating their success with their debut with this, their second album. It’s really good, catchy and quirky, changing tempos and Mark Knopfler on the guitar and singing those ‘nonchalant’ vocals! ‘Once Upon a Time in the West’ is one of the great DS tracks.

28 Likes

The drummer and guitarist left to become part of the Devon Lamarr Trio after this was recorded.

3 Likes

Robbie Robertson and the Red Road Ensemble, Mahk Jchi (the heartbeat drum song). Thank you @steviebee, very nice indeed. I love drums! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Jackie McLean - Destination… Out!

Magnificent jazz!

11 Likes

Yellowjackets Four Corners / 2015 MCA / Japan CD / UCCU90088

Starting Wednesday with this excellent recording.

4 Likes

Walela, unbearable love. Ethereal like the debut album. Beautiful. :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

What was it George Michael said ‘Listen Without Prejudice’

Watching the Rick Beato clip over on Awesome YouTube Stuff thread ‘The Greatest Guitar solo you can’t hear’ thanks @Mr.Tibbs

I dug this forgotten gem out - Wonderful guitar work from Larry Carlton, Eric Johnson, Jay Graydon and Christopher himself who least we forget was in Deep Purple - What?

16 Likes

Misty Blues - None More Blue

3 Likes

Yes their first albums were on the Linn label

Ok, it’s not cool. But it is good fun, the songs are catchy and my foot is tapping.

K.C._&_THE_SUNSHINE_BAND_THE+BEST+OF+KC+AND+THE+SUNSHINE+BAND-540171

8 Likes

And Hats, I still have it but tbh never really floated my boat

1 Like

He plays some great guitar on his 2nd album as well, which I also like.

1 Like