What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

milt jackson & john coltrane bags & trane / 2012 Atlantic / EU version of Japan CD / 8122797289

Milt Jackson Vibraphone
John Coltrane Tenor Saxophone
Hank Jones Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Connie Kay Drums

12 Likes

Cool be damned, KC were great!

That’s the way aha aha I like it!
:heart:

2 Likes

Grachan Moncur III - Evolution

A nice follow on from Jackie McLean’s Destination, but here we have Bob Crenshaw on bass and the exceptionally talented Tony Williams on drums.

6 Likes

I’ve never had or heard Hats, only ever bought Rooftops. One of those quirks of record buying!

2 Likes

Angela - Caixa Cubo

Scions of Azymuth, sound wise.

2 Likes

Sam Moss - Blues Approved

1 Like

Shelby Lynne - Just a Little Loving - Qobuz

A Divine reinterpretation of the already Divine.

Phil

17 Likes

Paul Kossoff solo album 1973. CD.

“Molten Gold” is not, as has been alleged, a reunion of the original Free lineup (Kossoff, Paul Rodgers, Andy Fraser, Simon Kirke); it is an outtake from the 1972 Free album Free at Last , with overdubs". (Wiki) I didn’t know that!!

"

10 Likes

Azymuth Flame + Spectrum / 1999 Milestone / US CD / MCD470812

2 Lp’s on one CD, sounding very good.

4 Likes

Probably my favourite DS Album.
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

It’s a lovely Album.
I didn’t know Cross played for Deep Purple, and it’s always nice to learn something new.
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Sue Sergel - This Alien Heart

2 Likes

Bloodywood. Rakshak.
When qobuz described them as Raj against the machine I was hooked,
Not my usual listening but thoroughly enjoying.

3 Likes

Sensory gratification, surround sound style. . .

Kraftwerk

18 Likes

I found that the recent vinyl reissues of AWAtR and Hats were good, but sadly not quite as good as the originals.

Best sound comes from some of the 12 inch singles, particularly the 12" of Downtown Lights, which is fab.

1 Like

Enjoying this today…

Iain Ballamy’s Anorak (titled tongue in cheek as it was a return to some mainstream playing after his more experimental output) - More Jazz from 2007 (Tidal)

Nothing particularly challenging just lovely accessible playing and good sound

Iain Ballamy Anorak - More Jazz (Tidal)

20220223_121212

:heart:

2 Likes

Amos Lee - Dreamland

15 Likes

Not played this for many a long year. 1982 ‘Crimson mk II’
Fripp
Bruford
Belew
Levin
Some great sounds on this and the previous years ‘Discipline’, but I know a lot of early Crimson fans wouldn’t agree.

10 Likes

Don’t forget Three of a Perfect Pair for the Trilogy. I have all of their original albums up to them. Lost interest after that.

2 Likes

JENNIFER_WARNES_THE+WELL-4312371

This is a beautiful, contemplative, album lovingly produced, inventively orchestrated, with fabulous acoustic textures, deep bass, and awesome ambience, from one of the most underrated singers of her generation. Originally released in 2001 only on CD this 2009 Impex Records release is vinyl- lover’s dream come true. Unfortunately it is a limited edition however, copys can still be found.

7 Likes