What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

My favourite album by Dire Straits :+1:

1 Like

Oh yes, forgot about that one.

1 Like

SACD Hybrid - AliaVox 2008 : )

<<>>

George Frideric Handel was born on this day in 1685

born 23rd February, in 1685 (the same year as Johann Sebastian Bach and Domenico Scarlatti) in Halle, Duchy of Magdeburg (then part of Brandenburg-Prussia)

Georg Friederich Händel 1685-1759

14 Likes

Monteverdi. Sacred Concertos. Vinyl. Light but lovely.

51aWn-6ExXL.AC

5 Likes

Beat is the best of the trilogy imo and I always thought Neurotica should have been the first track on side A instead of B. Mighty song and typical early KC.

1 Like

My solitary Dire Straits LP! Glad to be enjoying it now after being criminally late to the party :smiley:

12 Likes

Oh dear, what happened there?
From the sublime to the …,:flushed:

2 Likes

LOL, I hear the sound of drums …

A 2017 compilation, but sq is excellent.

5 Likes

Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers Moanin’
/ 2008 Blue Note / RVG Edition / EU CD / 724349532427

18 Likes

AphexTwin // Selected Ambient Works 85-92

14 Likes

Camel - ‘I Can See Your House From Here’ (1979). Things are more commercial and less prog by this stage but the songs are still tuneful. For me ‘Ice’ is the classic track here and I also like ‘Hymn to Her’. Not as good the first four albums but fun nonetheless.

8 Likes

This took me completely by surprise. You need to be a bit open to something like a soundscape sort of audio sculpture. Give it a go!

Alvin Lucier “I am sitting in a room” quite haunting IMO

All these Camels has minded me to play some keyboard led music so dug out The Polite Force by Egg on Deram red label vinyl. Heavy psych/ prog with a touch of Hatfieldesque whimsy. Were never more than also-rans.

9 Likes

Picked up on this guy today listening with Andy at Signals, swapping music ideas. It was fun, straight to hand was a Nova linked up to the Dynaudio confidence 30’s………a total mullet on paper…….but fun to listen to. Just a single but does sound really good @johnt ………Qobuz have as a stream, but the download price was £8.99.

1 Like

I have heard of Egg, but have not heard them. Must investigate, thanks!

1 Like

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

As much as I like Foxtrot, Nursery Cryme and the first Live album, I think it’s The Lamb which is the peak of Genesis’s output. The cover art is something to behold too.

24 Likes

Os Catedráticos/73 - Deodato

3 Likes

‘Alf’ - debut LP from Alison Moyet - remastered from original tapes…

20 Likes

For fans of Steely Dan

Jay Graydon played guitar on Aja and here as JaR (Jay Graydon and Randy Goodrum) with an album called SCENE 29 - he produces pretty much a Donald Fagan solo album.

6 Likes