What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

UK first press of the debut album by the trailblazing bassist, singer and all-round hottie!

15 Likes

Last one for today. Donald Fagen CD. 1993. Well recorded and with Walter Becker on board.

51x9TS1M9mL.AC_SX466

17 Likes

17 Likes

West | 2007
Possibly my favourite Lucinda Williams album…

16 Likes

Sonny Red - Out Of The Blue (Tidal)

Checking this out pending a forthcoming Tone Poet re Issue

More mainstrean niceness!

by Scott Yanow

Sonny Red, a fine altoist inspired by Charlie Parker and Jackie McLean, never really made it in jazz, and some of his recordings are rather uninspired. However, that does not hold true for his Blue Note album, which has been reissued on this 1996 CD along with five previously unissued selections. Red, who is joined by pianist Wynton Kelly, either Sam Jones or Paul Chambers on bass, and either Roy Brooks or Jimmy Cobb on drums, never sounded better on records. He performs mostly little-known standards (along with six of his originals) and displays a fair amount of originality and a great deal of potential that was never really fulfilled. Recommended.

:heart:

7 Likes

Now playing…

Lyle Mays - Eberhard

Lyle Mays (Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizers), Bob Sheppard (Saxophone, Woodwinds), Steve Rodby (Acoustic Bass), Jimmy Johnson (Electric Bass), Alex Acuña (Drums and Percussion), Jimmy Branly (Drums, Percussion), Wade Culbreath (Vibraphone and Marimba), Bill Frisell (Guitar), Mitchel Forman (Hammond B3 Organ, Wurlitzer Electric Piano), Aubrey Johnson (Vocals), Rosana Eckert (Vocals), Gary Eckert (Vocals), Timothy Loo (Cello), Erika Duke-Kirkpatrick (Cello), Eric Byers (Cello) and Armen Ksajikian (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with the last piece of music that Lyle wrote in tribute to Eberhard Weber which was released last August. …and Lyle and the band are sounding sublime! A beautiful piece of music…

6 Likes

Now playing…

Eberhard Webber - Later That Evening

Eberhard Weber (Bass), Paul McCandless (Soprano Saxophone, Oboe, English Horn, Bass Clarinet), Bill Frisell (Guitar), Lyle Mays (Piano) and Michael DiPasqua (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… Continuing on this morning with a follow up album which features Lyle and Eberhard. Four wonderful compositions by Eberhard and beautifully performed by this quintet. Just love the piano playing on the opening track by Lyle Mays. One of my favorites from Eberhard’s catalogue, this is one sweet album!

7 Likes

Sade - Promise, from the This Far box set.

15 Likes

Herbie Hancock The New Standard / 1996 Verve / UK CD / 5277152

10 Likes

10 Likes

Genesis Live

I can remember buying this for the first time as a young school lad. I was in London on a day trip and was super excited to buy this at bargain price from Our Price records in Tottenham Court Road. I got it home to find it was dished as hell :angry: . Brilliant album though.

19 Likes

Oh! Suzi Q – on RSD '21 double white vinyl:

7 Likes

The late great Charles Bradley, an official live recording from a year before his death.

5 Likes

I think someone posted this great 1989 album up last week, so been on my ‘hit list’.
A bit like Dire Straits, it took me a long old while to become a fan.

14 Likes

Rolling Stones, Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out. Vinyl.

19 Likes

Now playing…

Eberhard Weber - Endless Days

Eberhard Weber (Bass), Paul McCandless (Oboe, English Horn, Bass Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone), Rainer Brüninghaus (Piano Keyboards) and Michael DiPasqua (Drums, Percussion)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning and taking Eberhard’s ‘Endless Days’ out for a spin and Eberhard and this quartet are sounding sublime! This is one very sweet album…

4 Likes

Lucinda Williams | Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone (disc 1 of 2) | 2014
More goodness from LW.

17 Likes

In an earlier post….at Signals today i played this guy, the nephew of John lee hooker…….but Andy played this as well……all about the music👍 Thanks to @johnt

6 Likes

What’s the album called? Thanks

Now playing…

Pat Metheny & Lyle Mays - As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls

Pat Metheny (Bass, 8 String Guitar, 12 String Acoustic Guitar, 12 String Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Classical Guitar, Electric Guitar), Lyle Mays (Autoharp, Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer) and Naná Vasconcelos (Berimbau, Drums, Snare Drums, Percussion, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with Pat, Lyle and Naná and they are sounding sublime! One sweet album…

14 Likes