What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

St Germain Boulevard / 1995 f communications / France CD / 1370022020

15 Likes

Blind Faith. Self titled debut.
OK vinyl might offer highest sq and streaming more convenient but the cd offers some very good bonus tracks and lengthy lazy jams. Mmmm nice.:sunglasses:

12 Likes

Sara K & Chris Jones, are we there yet? Live in concert. :relaxed:

3 Likes

A cheap purchase today

81VCJbnUL8L.SS500
Alison Krauss - Windy City.

18 Likes

It’s not called anything as it hasn’t been released to the general public.

51bjsV7wrTL

4 Likes

Mystic Familiar - Dan Deacon

A little like if Phillip Glass made an album with The Flaming Lips.

2 Likes

61XFpH-+1eL.SX425
Modern Studies- We are There

2 Likes

Officially recorded by my old friends Alison and her husband John of a Natalie Merchant gig in 2000 for a US tv station.

4 Likes

Good old Chuckles, on triple vinyl.

15 Likes

Eeek! What a horrible cover! It makes her look like some sort of screaming blob.

Now playing…

Pat Metheny - Day Trip / Tokyo Day Trip

Pat Metheny (Acoustic Guitars, Electric Sitar, Baritone Guitar), Christian McBride (Double Bass) and Antonio Sanchez (Drums, Orchestra Bells).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the afternoon with Pat, Christian and Antonio and they are sounding mighty sweet! One beautiful album…

10 Likes

It’s Dead o’clock so time for Workingman’s Dead on 50th anniversary remaster vinyl. For a band whose studio work doesn’t match their live output this is top drawer. Also raising a glass (should be a spliff) to the Dutch couple who took my original copy - and my German Air Force greatcoat - in 1974 or maybe 5.

14 Likes

@TheKevster, totally agree with you. More scary still - bleeding fingers. Thank goodness the material inside is better than the cover. Would have liked maybe a simple pic of her with Chris Jones. He deserves more mention on the cover. :relieved:

1 Like

Philip Glass and The Lips?

Sounds intriguing/ interesting. I’ll investigate.

1 Like

Managed to find this version - wanted to get this and a few other ’SACD’ discs ripped to my Core first b4 I get too far - 178 done - only another 2,500 and something!

And yes I know its only ripping the CD layer - just wanted to see how the mixes compare!

17 Likes

Milla Jovovich, The divine comedy. I didn’t know Alice, oops I mean Milla can sing! Maybe I don’t have a lot of expectations, it is sounding nice and enjoyable. Maybe it’s the T-virus affecting me. :relaxed:

Maybe I will listen to Carly Simon’s you’re so vain next. :innocent:

1 Like

71Z6tZpC4yL.SS500
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Jazz: Red Hot And Cool.

6 Likes

Yes - ‘Drama’ (1980). This is the first album without Jon Anderson on vocals. He was replaced by Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes replaced Rick Wakeman. Anderson and Wakeman were irreplaceable but the album I feel is pretty good. The style is different from the original band but not that different. It’s not gone commercial and pop orientated. It still has a prog feel with some longer songs and complex arrangements even though the sound is perhaps slightly harder. It’s a kind of Yes for the new decade. The cover is by Roger Dean so there is continuity with the classic seventies material. It’s not ‘Close to the Edge’ or ‘Going for the One’ but I quite like this album.

12 Likes

I always felt that Beat was the most obvious symptom of King Crimson having succumbed to the 1980s “music as product” malaise. Three of a Perfect Pair was something of a return to form for me.

Most surprising was how much I enjoyed Thrak after being disappointed with the VROOOM EP, most of which is early sketches of material that would reappear in finished form on Thrak. The sequencing of the tracks on Thrak to contrast the various moods on the album helps make the whole greater than the sum of its parts. Listen to the sequence Inner Garden I, People, Radio I, One Time, Radio II, and Inner Garden II to get a sense of what I mean.

2 Likes