Who is it I cant see s name

Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter - Joni Mitchell

11 Likes

The 1975.

81tgFNHw2PL.SS500
Buena Vista Social Club.

18 Likes

Journeys In Modern Jazz: Britain 1965-72
Back to this remarkable 2LP set. I just wish it was a huge box set of more of this golden era, hard to get on vinyl, Brit jazz.

3 Likes

Al Kooper - Naked Songs

A classic - just that intro to the first track and then track 2 is quite wonderful.

6 Likes

It’s The 1975.

If you skip the first track….it’s not too bad….

Now playing…

June Tabor (Vocals), Iain Ballamy (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone) and Huw Warren (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon after finishing today’s exercise routine with Quercus, a fantastic trio featuring the beautiful voice of June Tabor! One very sweet album…

9 Likes

61sw5Y3RBHL.SS500
Van Morrison - What’s Wrong With This Picture?

12 Likes

A mention by @TheKevster in the record collections thread prompted me to get this out - great soul/funk/punk/defies categorisation by these ladies…
Timeless.

3 Likes

Now Playing…

June Tabor - Ashore

June Tabor (vocals), Andy Cutting (diatonic accordion), Mark Emerson (viola & violin), Tim Harries (double bass) and Huw Warren (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the mid afternoon hour with June and she and the talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! One very fine album, simply beautiful…

11 Likes

Mr Letts curates…I had to buy this for the versions of the Airplane’s classic and B.A.D’s E=MC² - one of my favourite 12"ers.
Some good late-nite dubby stuff on 'phones.

And…Last one before work-enforced bed:
The great JB’s.
Nuff said.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Till Bronner 2012 Verve / Germany CD / 060253719115

Super cool start to Friday with this excellent CD.

5 Likes

Released today, streaming while i wait for the vinyl to arrive.

3 Likes

Michael Franks The Camera Never Lies / 1987 Warner / US CD / 255702

5 Likes

Enjoying this first listen to the debut long player from Blue Lab Beats - Motherland Journey (Tidal/Blue Note)

Describing themselves as Jazztronica it’s a nice chilled blend of Jazz, electronics, funk, soul, afrobeat (Fela Kuti on the title track), some rap (which I’m not so keen on) and Dance Hall (spoiled, as seems to be de rigueur these days with the genre, by excessive Auto tune effect)

Overall a nice vibe playing in the cab with some lovely azure blue sky n sunshine right now

London-based Jazztronica duo Blue Lab Beats make their full-length Blue Note Records debut with Motherland Journey, an album years in the making that is a celebration of pushing boundaries, taking risks, and overcoming adversity. Following their appearance on 2020’s acclaimed Blue Note Re:imagined project, and their 2021 EP We Will Rise, the new album is a star-studded affair featuring the duo—producer NK-OK and multi-instrumentalist Mr DM—joined by collaborators including Ghetto Boy, Kiefer, Kofi Stone, Tiana Major9, KillBeatz, Teni Tinks, Poppy Daniels, Emmavie, Jackson Mathod, Kaidi Akinnibi, Ego Ella May, Pip Millett, Dylan Jones, and Jerome Thomas.

One of the fastest-rising production duos in the world right now, with a Grammy nomination for their work on the Angelique Kidjo album Mother Nature, and a MOBO nomination for ‘Best Jazz Act’ in 2021 testament to their rise, Blue Lab Beats craft a supple, wide-ranging sound inspired by the pioneers of hip-hop and the music of the African diaspora while staying true to their London roots.

:heart:

3 Likes