What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Miles Davis - In a Silent away

This was mentioned by @RexManning on the new vinyl thread, so since it’s such a brilliant album I saw no reason not to play it.

I listened to an interview on YouTube recently where Narada Michael Walden was discussing with John McLaughlin the recording of this album. This is when Miles told John to play like he’d never played the guitar before. There was no score available for John, so Joe Zawinul gave him the piano score! I guess he just improvised.

25 Likes

Dougie MacLean

The Essential Dougie MacLean

Time for some beautiful relaxing music from Dougie while I wait for his new album Flo.

Edward

6 Likes

Joe Pass - Virtuoso.

Astonishing playing.

11 Likes

Nice timely selection given the TP vinyl re issue of the lovely For Django
:+1:

Nice, I was also digging my digital collection for Pass.

10 Likes

Bob Dylan. The Freewheelin’
We might not be able to mention certain things on this music thread but Bob certainly can. released 60 years ago. Managed to mix the dark and humour.

16 Likes

I’m Freewheelin’ today, cant afford the diesel!

1 Like

I saw Sony did a new pressing of this, decided to give it a go on Tidal. Kenny Durham on it, a nice live session so far.

The Ahmad Jamal Trio The Awakening / 1997 Impulse / EU CD / IMP12262

12 Likes

Recently purchased this in HMV for £4 - sounds wonderful and I agree!

13 Likes

Great bargain, Geoff. I’ll have to venture into Bath to check out the new HMV soon.

2 Likes

Hi @Clive I didn’t know the Bath shop had moved, so I too will pay them a visit soon. Usually, I visit the Cabot Circus Shop in Bristol as it has a wider / better selection than the Cribs Causeway store. Rough Trade is also great for finding stuff that you don’t find elsewhere too.

1 Like

HMV Bath has moved to the top of Milsom Street.

1 Like

9 Likes

Lo Moon, A Modern Love, just arrived, been waiting for this second album for a long time after their brilliant debut.

5 Likes

Playing yet again - it just gets better and better

11 Likes

The Crusaders Live in Japan / 1993 GRP / France CD / GRP97462

10 Likes

LP - A&M Records/CBS 1981 : )

<<>>

Happy Birthday Elkie Brooks! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born (Elaine Bookbinder) on 25th February 1945 in Salford, Lancaster, England :uk:

14 Likes

Thanks - listening to it on the PC, will get it on the Naim later to do it justice. Great stuff :smiley:

1 Like

Steely Dan - Aja vs The Scam

A radio broadcast of excellent sound quality. I’m thoroughly enjoying this.

11 Likes