What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point, first run through and loving it so far.

11 Likes

Another new release and first listen today is Binker and Moses- Feed The Machine (Tidal)

I’ve always enjoyed Binker Golding and Moses Boyd Soprano/TenorSaxopohone and Drums duo since first hearing Dem Ones and this certainly doesnt dissapoint.
The loops and electronica doesnt intrude and does add a nice wigged out dimension to Binkers sometimes looped and echoed Sax improvisations backed with Moses rock solid drumming.
Free, Cosmic but still very accessible, I’m loving it!

After some years spent roaming the Valley of the Ultrablacks and exploring the Mountain of Forever, (where they narrowly avoided the lethal traps of The Voice of Besbunu), Binker and Moses are back with a new offering.

‘Feeding The Machine’ is their first studio album in five years, due for release on February 25th on all formats.

Recorded at Peter Gabriel’s Real World Studios by legendary, GRAMMY-winning producer Hugh Padgham, the new record features honorary third member Max Luthert on tape loops and electronics, moving their sound into an entirely new dimension that crosses into ambient, minimalism and experimental electronic territories.

With the use of modular synths and sampling, traditional melody and song structures are left behind as the musicians are pushed creatively to respond and in turn, ‘feed the machine’.

:heart:

1 Like

Donald Byrd Royal flush / 2006 Blue Note / RVG Edition / Germany CD / 094636263229

Donald Byrd Trumpet
Herbie Hancock Piano
Pepper Adams Saxophone
Butch Warren Bass
Billy Higgins Drums

13 Likes

‘Tales of the Algonquin’ by John Surman / John Warren - English jazz scene from the early 70s…

5 Likes

It’s Friday, so that usually means that there might be something musical worth a peek on Beeb 4 … … … and there’s 45 minutes of Duffy in concert, starting at 12.00am … … … so, strictly speaking, tomorrow!

5 Likes

Lee Scratch Perry Battle of Armagideon. Because … it seems appropriate at this time. “I am a madman …” Loud and proud on MOV vinyl.

8 Likes

Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Ballad of the Broken Seas. Theoretically this wondrous collaboration shouldn’t work, but, oh my, it does.

8 Likes

LP - Music For Pleasure (EMI) compilation 1981 : )

<<>>

George Harrison was born on this day in 1945

born on 25th February 1943, at 12 Arnold Grove in Wavertree, Liverpool :uk:

20 Likes

Alas, left us at 58. Way too soon.

5 Likes

Aoife O’Donovan ‎– Fossils
CD|2013

7 Likes

Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes

13 Likes

Here Comes The Sun is my favourite GH song, so here is my second.

George Harrison Give Me Love Give Me Peace On Earth

15 Likes

Motherland Journey - Blue Lab Beats

First play. Sounding good, so far. Love the fusion/blends here. Sunny vibes, as Dread noted above, on a rather cold W.Yorks day.

4 Likes

Currently playing:

The Spotify version has three extra tracks, including ‘Studio Sessions’ with some nice Fripp intro.

1 Like

I got my copy today. Thanks @Isca_Dumnoniorum for posting, the record is so excellent :+1:

1 Like

Fink - Perfect Darkness.

51xHmcnU8ML.AC

Fink - Hard Believer

@seakayaker gave these two a shout the other day, prompting me to re-visit them … … … it’s slowly turning into a Fink day, Chez Dave … … … after all, Mr. Greenall does do exceedingly good choons.

10 Likes

‘Vienna’ by Ultravox - the Midge era commences…

13 Likes

The Stray Birds - Let It Pass
CD|2018

3 Likes

CAN Soundtracks 1970 - with the fabulous 14+ minutes of Mother Sky. Das ist Progtastik :smiley:

7 Likes

Sat here working as always and this came on - JRiver set to random - hadn’t heard this in years!

Its bloody brilliant!!!

6 Likes