What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Beth Hart - A Tribute to Led Zeppelin
First Listen, first track in and it’s pretty good.

13 Likes

Bob James + David Sanborn Double Vision / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR 28023

Bob James Keyboards
David Sanborn Saxophone
Al Jarreau Vocals on ‘Since I Fell For You’
Paul Jackson Jr Guitar
Marcus Miller Bass
Paulinho Da Costa Percussion
Steve Gadd Drums

10 Likes

What The Dickens! - Johnny Dankworth his Orchestra and Guests.

4 Likes

Stumbled over my collection of music cassettes the other day and started to listen to some of the stuff I found via Qobuz (I don’t have a cassette deck anymore). Some interesting artists that I have not listen to in ages:

And the original cassette:

5 Likes

Definitely different - Selene Saint-Aime Potomiton. French singer & double bassist with a bunch of local Martinique musos. Without wishing to add yet another category it’s gallic voodoo jazz very rhythmic with her sometimes singing/scatting/declaiming on top.

2 Likes

the good old times :blush:

1 Like

A long time since their last album, but there voices have stood the test of time, quite enjoying the first listen.

13 Likes

The Vinyl is of real good quality :+1:

1 Like

Streaming it now … … … Beth trances Percy, … … … Oh, and the band’s not half bad too. :+1:

1 Like

Bruce Springsteen, Greatest Hits.

15 Likes

Sticking with The Stray Birds, which I have not listened to in a while. Magic Fire …

CD|2016

3 Likes

Beth’s very obviously a Zep fan, as she’s picked all the best choons for this album.

Still streaming here … … … LOUD!

This is brilliant!

4 Likes

Beth has out Zepped Zep!

4 Likes

Extreme 2. CD. Creeps towards metal at times but melodic and some great songs I think. Chatted with Nuno briefly at the Brit Awards in 1992, after being Machine Gunned earlier by the KLF. Extreme also performed.

3 Likes

Some smooth jazz-funk grooves from the 80s. . . It’s About Time - Morrissey/Mullen (with Tessa Niles)

4 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far, but had a listen, very good. This came on after which has got some sweet guitar playing …
Screenshot 2022-02-25 171432

11 Likes

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - Eternity And A Day - Film by Theo Anglelopoulos

Eleni Karaindrou (Piano), Sergiu Nastasa (Violin), Renato Ripo (Violoncello), Iraklis Vavatsikas (Accordion), La Camerata, Athens: Loukas Karytinos (Director), Vangelis Christopoulos (Oboe), Nikos Guinos (Clarinet), Spyros Kazianis (Bassoon), Vangelis Skouras (French Horn), Aris Dimitriiadis (Mandolin), Manthos Halkias (Clarinet), Kostas Siamidis (Lyra from Pontos), Kostas Sahinidis (Accordion), Katrin Zenz (Flute) and Fabrizio Bentivoglio (Voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… opening this Friday morning with Eleni’s ‘Eternity and a Day’ on a bright sunny and chilly morning. The music is warm, wonderful, comforting and peaceful and a lovely way to ease into the day. A very sweet album and sounding sublime!

4 Likes

6 Likes

This Art of Noise is actually a bit ‘patchy’ … on the plus side, the track ‘Legs’ played on big floorstanders should:
a) be readily heard in nearby towns
b) potentially result in minor structural damage
:smiley:

6 Likes

Streaming again right now, vinyl order Monday
:+1:

1 Like