What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Such great interplay between Ali & Ry.

G

15 Likes

Following on from Blue Lab Beats is this electronic jazz quartet. Less all over the fusion map, and the better for it to my ears, taste. Exquisite, soulful and it’s got a spacey yet spiritual vibe running through it.

Overstand - Apifera

1 Like

Ahem!

Hopefully we wont get MAD. The hypocritical corrupt boneheads that we have for a government at this perilous time…World Leaders? Jeez!
:heart:

11 Likes

Now Playing…

Charles Lloyd and the Marvels - I Long To See You

Charles Lloyd (Tenor Saxophone, Alto Flute); Bill Frisell (Guitar), Greg Leisz (Steel Guitar), Reuben Rogers (Bass), Eric Harland (Drums), Willie Nelson (Voice) and Norah Jones (Voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)…continuing on this Friday morning with Charles Lloyd and the Marvels and Charles and the band is sounding mighty sweet! Charles will turn 84 on March 15th and hopes he keeps on going strong, just a fantastic musician!

9 Likes

5 Likes

Track 5

R-557081-1211905494
:heart:

4 Likes

Emily Remler - Firefly

One of my most frequently played jazz albums.

2 Likes

Beth Hart | A Tribute To Led Zeppelin
My 3rd listening today the first was in the cold car early doors. Very good stuff, yesterday I was wondering if she could pull it off and she has, I’m sure Percy will appreciate it. As @dave-marshall says hats off to the band. Spectacular backing! I’d pay very good money to watch this live.

13 Likes

I don’t know Beth Hart. I’d like to hear this against Lez Zep though…

St Germain - Tourist

Floyd Lee Band - Mean Blues

An unusual jump in genres I grant you, but two belters nonetheless.

12 Likes

Give it a go @steviebee. She is not trying to “out do” LZ, its just a great tribute with (for me) unexpectedly good backing. Do I prefer her vocal to Percy? No. But it’s all good.

3 Likes

Windmill Tilter, The Story Of Don Quixote.
Told by Ken Wheeler & the John Dankworth Orchestra.

Wondrous.

5 Likes

From the Decca British Blues Explosion Series, not got that one yet, the Don Rendell Space Walk and the compilation Journeys In Modern Jazz:Britain I have are very good
:+1:

1 Like

15 Likes

Tangible Vandalism, a famous two-LP boot of Physical Graffiti outtakes.

18 Likes
6 Likes

Bai Kamara Jr & The Voodoo Sniffers - Salone

:+1:

6 Likes

The tribute to LZ posted by @Steve_S above got me wondering of anyone has heard this, any good?

3 Likes

Just ordered this. After a bit of exploring on YT discovered the collab with Bob James, so ordered that too!

2 Likes

Sometimes you just have ta hear that riff, over and over and over again!
“Love that Louie-The Louie Louie Files”
Superb compilation from Ace Records…gotta go now!

6 Likes