What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I’m struck by how close the interpretations are to the originals. In many ways I guess this is respectful of the artistic merit that created these tracks but at the same time I would have liked to see BH putting more of her own stamp on things…

1 Like

Now playing…

Manu Katché - Third Round

Manu Katché (Drums), Tore Brunborg (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Jason Rebello (Piano, Fender Rhodes), Pino Palladino (Bass), Jacob Young (Guitars) and Kami Lyle (Vocal, Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Manu and his sextet is sounding sublime! Love the opening track ‘Swing Piece’ it is sweet…

7 Likes

I played (streamed) a couple of Beth’s… think I prefer Lez Zep, if only because they were doing it years ago. Don’t think I need another identikit Zep, after them.

Thought Beth has a good voice tho…but the backing group has already been pre-empted.

Playing my wife Bohème as we’re going to see it tomorrow night…
This recording was made just up the road from us in Walthamstow Town Hall. Wonderful.

11 Likes

Midnight Oil 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 an album about war and tyrants sadly just as relevant now as it was when released 40 years ago.

5 Likes

Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan ‎– Sunday At Devil Dirt
CD|2008

8 Likes

Tears for Fears excellent new album The Tipping Point

14 Likes

The criminally underrated Pierce Turner’s latest album released today (well yesterday by now)

Qobuz: Terrible Good by Pierce Turner
Tidal: Terrible Good by Pierce Turner
Spotify: Terrible Good by Pierce Turner

This needs more than one listen but it will reward the effort.

“What about the five day week
And aimless walks on Saturday
What about the Sunday drive
And a pint at night in a pub where people speak”

.sjb

1 Like

Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
CD|2003

6 Likes

Matt Berninger Serpentine Prison

13 Likes

Jamala, 1944. Susana Alimivna Jamaladinova, better known by her stage name Jamala, is a Ukrainian singer, actress and songwriter. She represented Ukraine and won the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 in Stockholm, Sweden with her song “1944”. In 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2022 she was a judge at Vidbir, Ukraine’s National Selection for the Eurovision Song Contest.

Source:

2 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire, Raise! Too depressing catching up with news today. Got to listen to something else for a little bit. At least I have a choice…

15 Likes

Marvin Gaye What’s Goin’ On

23 Likes

Andrea Bocelli, the best of. Vivere. Working on opera pics and this puts me in a very good place. :relaxed:

5 Likes

REM Best of…

18 Likes

Sara K., water falls. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Ahmad Jamal Saturday Morning / 2013 Jazz Village / France CD / JV570027

Starting Saturday morning with…

7 Likes

So whether it is smooth and sexy “Chocolate Hills,” the southern charm of the string potent “Mariella,” or the fun in “B-Side,” the Leon Bridges & Khruangbin have a formula that works. It transcends the parameters of their sound, allowing for minimalism to breathe and shape itself underneath the remarkable melodies and words written by Bridges and Khruangbin, so albeit the love, there is a part of me that wishes it ran longer, but beggars can’t be choosers.

6 Likes

The Very Best Of Frankie Valli And The Four Seasons

4 Likes

Gentle Giant - ‘Out of the Fire’ (1998). This double CD set consists of two BBC ‘In Concert’ recordings of the band in two different periods of their history. The first is from 1973. It includes the track ‘Way of Life’ from the ‘In A Glass House’ album which includes a rock section and a middle section in which they go into that quasi medieval sound which is always so attractive. Great prog from a classic period. The second concert is the well known ‘Sight and Sound In Concert’ performance from 1978. This was in the transitional ‘Missing Piece’ era and is a great set with the band performing their later shorter songs such as ‘Two Weeks In Spain’ and prog classics such as ‘On Reflection’ which also has that medieval touch! As ever with GG these alternative versions of classic album tracks are great as the versions are so different!

5 Likes