What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Yes, it’s a fantastic series, and I’m looking forward to future releases. The SQ and overall package is superb.

I’ve got New Jazz Orchestra, Windmill and Journeys, but not Space Walk yet, which I’d like to get soon.

I’ve also got the Tubby Hayes box on CD. Tempted by the vinyl, it’s still available at a reasonable price. Such great music.

Listened to this late last night.
Another great recording from ECM - they capture the air and space around the playing giving it a live in the studio feel. Superb.

10 Likes

On CD:-

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

22 Likes

The Carpenters, now and then. Great soothing stuff! :relaxed:

15 Likes

Ólafur Arnalds
Some Kind of Peace

It’s exactly that…

4 Likes

David Sanborn Voyeur / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795677

David Sanborn Alto Saxophone
Buzzy Feiten, Hiram Bullock Guitar
Lenny Castro, Ralph MacDonald Percussion
Michael Colina Synthesizer
Marcus Miller Bass
Steve Gadd, Buddy Williams Drums

8 Likes

Mike Oldfield, five miles out. Not even…

15 Likes

I bought the Tubby Hayes set a couple of years back, it was a standalone but now seems to be included in the new Decca series. It was about half the price it is now (about £80 iirc) and due to a mess up with delivery I ended up with two sets but payed for one, cushty!
It’s a good set, mastered and cut by Gearbox records, the only minor grumble is the rather snide individual sleeves with the outline of the original flip back style printed on to a basic sleeve.

1 Like

Now playing-

26 Likes

The brilliant Ethiopian Jazz maestro Mulatu Astatke. Looking forward to catching him live at Love Supreme this year

5 Likes

91pprsOacXL.SS500
Paul Simon - Paul Simon, still my favourite PS solo album.

17 Likes

Roberta Flack, chapter two. :relaxed:

11 Likes

First listen. Red Book CD ripped to WAV.

Wow, I wasn’t expecting this. I love it!

The band members playing is fantastic imo and the recording quality is first class. Red Book CD once again just surprising me.

19 Likes

Led Zeppelin Houses Of The Holy / 2003 Atlantic / Japan CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR11615

25 Likes

Queued up next.

CD ripped to WAV. Just love this album.

19 Likes

DJ Kicks - Disclosure, gorgeous green vinyl.

4 Likes

Folder

I love this music - my favourite version !

8 Likes

Time for another early solo album

Paul & Linda McCartney - Ram.

17 Likes

Joining @Biggles (don’t call me ginger) in some Saturday morning Ethiojazz with Mulatu Astatke and ace band (including several notable Brit jazzers altho no Heliocentrics this time). On Jazz Village CD.

4 Likes

Yes, sounds good. Looking forward to acquiring it when I get round to it.

As you say, it seems to be a part of the series now, despite coming out a few years ago.