What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Dougie Maclean & Jamie Maclean - Flo

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @ted_p in the ‘What was the last CD you bought’ thread had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin… Opening couple of tracks are sounding mighty sweet and look forward to the rest of the album!

2 Likes

Yep, big LZ fan, big BH fan, so why not? Ordered!

1 Like

Time to turn in.

Pat Metheny - Offramp

12 Likes

It really is that good.

13 Likes

KT Tunstall, eye to the telescope. Thanks @AlanP for mentioning. Haven’t listened to her for quite a while. Other side of the world… Damn everything makes me think about what’s happening in the world including floods in Brisbane. Good morning, evening and night everyone. Take care.

16 Likes

Iron and Wine Around The Well

13 Likes

LP - Concord Picante 1985 : )

<>

Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – John Purcell
Drums, Timbales – Walfredo Reyes
Electric Bass – John Peña
Guitar – Dan Carillo
Percussion – Frank Colon
Piano (Acoustic), Electric Piano, Vocals – Tania Maria

Recorded live at The Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, California
September 1984

<<>>

3 Likes

814zAvL+zZL.SS500
The Be Good Tanyas - Blue Horse.

9 Likes

Some great jazz vocals.
Heard an interview on WRTI 90.1 Internet Radio and several tracks. Streaming from Qobuz.
Giacomo Gates - You (2022)

1 Like

Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point

Jessi Collins (Vocals), Lauren Evans (Vocals), Charles Jones (Vocals), Jason Joseph (Vocals), Doug Petty (Accordion, Hammond Organ, Piano, String Arrangements), Carina Round (Vocals), Sacha Skarbek (Piano), Aaron Sterling (Drums), Max von Ameln (Guitar), Jamie Wollam (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this Sunday afternoon with this “Tears For Fears” album which has been mentioned several times over the past few days and I had placed in the queue and now taking out for a spin. A different sound then what I remember but quite enjoyable on the opening couple of tracks and looking forward to the rest of the album.

9 Likes

The original. The best.

Dusty A Brand New Me, US first press.

8 Likes

That’s a great album!

1 Like

6 Likes

Yes it is, we were turned on to it by Hamish on a visit to The Sound Organisation, whilst demoing some kit, many years ago. We were so taken by the pure vocals.

Tania Maria The Concord Jazz Heritage Series / 1998 Concord / US CD / CCD48352

3 Likes

The Pop Group She Is Beyond Good And Evil
12" 45.

Closely followed by Y

2 Likes

81Oj2xEhzuL.SS500
Van Morrison - Too Long In Exile, this album has a bluesy feel and includes some decent contributions from John Lee Hooker and Georgie Fame.

14 Likes

Now playing…

Tanita Tikaram - Sentimental

Tanita Tikaram (Piano, Vocals), Giorgio Babbini (Bass Clarinet), Carlo Bombardi (Trombone), Neil Brockbank (Bass Guitar), Mark Creswell (Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar), Alessandro Culiani (Cello), Alberto DeStefani (Violin), Di Marzio, Laura (Violin), Steve Donnelly (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Giannarelli Giordano (Accordion), Simone Grizzi (|Violin), Nick Lowe (Vocals), Alessandro Mara (Violin), Matteo Metalli (Violin), Cristiano Pulin (Violin), Matt Radford (Bass), Carmine Rizzi (Violin), Daniela Ronconi (Celeste, Organ, Piano, Electric Piano, Tambourine, Vibraphone, Vocals), Daniele Rossoli (French Horn), Raoul Ruffilli (Flute), Robert Trehern (Drums, Vocals), Giusepe Zanca (Flicorno) and Aldo Maria Zangheri (Viola).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @mikyB had me place this beautiful album from Tanita in the queue and she and the band are sounding mighty fine!

8 Likes

Now playing…

Tanita Tikaram - Ancient Heart

Tanita Tikaram (Guitar, Vocals), Rod Argent (Keyboards, String Arrangements), Pete Beachill (Trombone), Paul Brady (Mandolin), Clem Clempson (Guitar), Mark Creswell (Guitar), Brendan Croker (Guitar), Mitch Dalton (Guitar), Martin Ditcham (Percussion), Mo Foster (Fretless Bass), [John Georgiadis (Violin), Keith Harvey (Cello), Mark Isham (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), Ian Jewel (Viola), Noel Langley (Trumpet), David Lindley (Violin), Rory McFarlane (Bass Guitar), Malcolm Messiter (Oboe), Helen O’Hara (Violin), Brendon O’Reilly (Violin), Marc Ribot (Guitar, Horn), Philip Todd (Saxophone) and Peter Van Hooke (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz 44.1/16… continuing on into the late afternoon with Tanita and the talented group of musicians working with her and they are sounding sublime! One sweet album…

16 Likes

Sister Rosetta Tharpe Live at Willbraham Road Station in Whalley. The live show recorded for Granada TV also included Muddy Waters, Rev Gary Davis, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee as well as Otis Spann

13 Likes