What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Another fine sounding Qobuz Hires compared to my cd rip.

G

14 Likes

Music aside, has anyone else found the actual pressing of this Weller vinyl to be really, disappointingly poor?

Joanne Shaw Taylor, The Blues Album on CD - a new artist to me.

Played & now playing on my boom-box and very good IMV. Blues rock, good clear vocals, an album which boogies along very well and is fresh to my ears. Thanks to @Gracie.1 for flagging higher up the thread. Will look out more of JST’s catalogue.

9 Likes

19 Likes

12 Likes

Nevermind - deluxe edition.

10 Likes

Back home for the weekend!

Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets, 2020

19 Likes

Now playing…

Marcin Wasilewski Trio - Live

Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double Bass), Michal Miskiewicz (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this cold, wet and dreary winter morning with this ‘Live’ album from Marcin with his trio is fabulous and the music is beautiful! One very sweet album… A lovely way to ease into the day.

4 Likes

John Campbell - One Believer

Blimey, this bloke is superb. Cheers to @johnt for posting this album. Tragic he only lived long enough to make two albums.

Now I’m off to the river and will follow @dave-marshall’s lead and snap up these two belters.

7 Likes

24 Likes

Abolition of the Royal Familia - The Orb

4 Likes

Happy birthday to The Dame, who would have been 75 today :sob:

24 Likes

John Campbell - Howlin Mercy

Giving this chap’s second and last album a go. Absolute belter, like his first album, just posted. Both snapped up on the river for a very few squid. Can’t wait for the CDs to arrive and rip them. Ripped CDs almost always sound better than Qobuz on my system.

I just love his brooding, menacing delivery. Now, that’s how you do the blues.

Thanks again to @johnt. I hate to think what you have cost me over the years, but please keep ‘em coming!

8 Likes

Yes on order too………

3 Likes

Kev!!! It’s tomorrow. I’ll put that down to you having a hard day as I know you knew that :joy:

3 Likes

Because I haven’t listened to Michael Kiwanuka for a while. A great album.

10 Likes

Doh! I have had a hard day you know :joy:

1 Like

Despite perhaps the over enthusiastic audience, a well recorded album.

10 Likes

Vinyl

26 Likes

6 Likes