What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

13 Likes

I do believe it’s Genesis o’ clock.

24 Likes

Reminded by the Brit jazz thread to dig out Kokoroco’s debut EP on Brownswood. Lovely jazz/afrobeat fusion. Cmon Sheila/Cassie/Oscar it’s been 3 years where’s the follow up album? I know you’re all in other bands and you may never better Abusey Junction but still.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Le voyage de Sahara

Anouar Brahem (Oud), François Couturier (Piano) and Jean-Louis Matinier (Accordion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with another of Anouar’s fine albums. The same trio as the last album played and they are sounding sweet! …and the description from the ECM webpage covers it all so well, “The result is far more than an expression of Arabic traditions; echoes of Satie, Paris cafés, flamenco, and Balkan music infuse the melodies. Accordion, oud and piano continually exchange roles, each providing melody, rhythm, and ornamental filigree.”

One beautiful album…

8 Likes

Classic Records 200g version. Now where’s that confounded bridge?

27 Likes

MILES_DAVIS_KIND+OF+BLUE+-+UHQR+CLARITY+VINYL+-+SEALED-7805891

Not as quiet as claimed but still my best sounding vinyl copy.

17 Likes

A trio of Joe Henderson on the Milestone Label (ACE re issues)

Canyon Lady (thanks @frenchrooster for the reminder)

Black Narcissus

If Your Not Part Of The Solution, Your Part Of The Problem. Live At The Lighthouse

:heart:

4 Likes

Fantabulous, Kev! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Might get myself a copy then…

2 Likes

Bugger off n get your own…cor…theres always some bloody scrounger…

1 Like

I highly recommend the vinyl!.:wink:

1 Like

I can see this being a ‘Genesis only’ night …

21 Likes

40th anniversary edition of Unknown Pleasures

14 Likes

Followed by original 1980 Closer

13 Likes

Larry Carlton On Solid Ground / 1989 MCA / US CD / MCAD6237

5 Likes

Midnight Oil - ‘10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1’…

7 Likes

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass ( 50th ), listening to one of the demo discs, just George, Ringo and Klaus.

17 Likes

The Restful Mind - Larry Coryell
ft: Ralph Towner/Collin Walcott/Glen Moore

Eastern infusions.

5 Likes

2011 - Radiohead // King of Limbs

12 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Naked Truth

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet), Yonathan Avishai (Piano), Barak Mori (Double Bass) and Ziv Ravitz (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on through through the noon hour with the new release, February 24th, from Avishai and he and the members of the quartet are sounding sublime! Second spin of this album and enjoyed my first listen quite a bit… Love his music.

5 Likes