<>

Larry Carlton – guitar, bass, keyboards, arrangements
Terry Trotter – synthesizer, keyboards
Abraham Laboriel – bass
Rick Marotta – drums
Michael Fisher – percussion

Album released in 1986

<<>>

No.1 in the 1986 US Billboard jazz albums chart, my copy is the USA pressing “Custom pressed on KC 569 premium virgin vinyl.”
Very much recommended and affordable pre-own vinyl buy on Discogs.
The Sonic Q is exquisite! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

6C1E2D6A-DE82-4ECF-987E-67B6010031FB

6 Likes

James Taylor, sweet baby James. :relaxed:

13 Likes

Dreams and all that stuff - Leo Kottke

Joyous. Life affirming in such dark times.

4 Likes

Suzanne Vega - Suzanne Vega - WAV CD rip
I’ve got a terrible cold, my head hurts, and I need some music that won’t hurt. Wonderful singer songwriter album.

21 Likes

Larry Carlton Alone/But Never Alone / 1986 MCA / US CD / MCAD5689

Had exactly the same US LP issue as you @Debs, until I gave it to a guitar player friend of mine. The CD version sounds excellent too.

4 Likes

Get the whiskey out then, young man :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

1969 - Soft Machine // Volume Two

10 Likes

Stephen Still & Judy Collins - Everybody Knows - WAV CD rip
More non-head-hurting music, 2019(?) album from the two folk-rock stalwarts. Judy’s voice sounds incredible for someone approaching 80 at the time, still pure, and she interprets the songs beautifully, Stills offering sensitive guitar work.

7 Likes

41DMAJXkjzL.AC
elton john - Peachtree Road.

9 Likes

James Taylor, hourglass. Haven’t had enough of JT, so here’s another one. :relaxed:

16 Likes

I just got the old girl back today with a new Hercules II fitted. So now that I can play 45s I thought of no better way to add to my Primus collection!

2 Likes

Drums and Wires - XTC (Surround Sound Series version).

9 Likes

Now playing…

Stills & Collins - Everbody Knows

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @Eoink above had me reach for the album and put into the queue and now taking out for a spin and the duet are sounding mighty sweet! …a trip down memory lane.

6 Likes

Excellent choice sir, imo their best album.

1 Like

Apparently Sandy invented the title Unhalfbricking in a word game and the British LP cover shows her parents Neil and Edna Denny- posing in front of their home in Arthur Road, Wimbledon.

6 Likes

Sandy Denny - A Boxful of Treasures CD 5 - WAV CD rip
Judy’s lovely mature version of Who Knows Where The Time Goes brought me to this CD of Sandy’s home recordings and demo versions. One of the all-time great singer-songwriters with guitar or piano interpreting her wonderful songs. And coincidentally following @Stokie mentioning her.

12 Likes

1 Like

CD 5 is the coveted one. Though I’d buy the set if I ever saw it at a sensible price. The BBC and home recordings are a revelation without the lush strings on her later releases.

1 Like

10,000Hz Legend - Air

One of the very best uses of surround sound format. All after the event of the original recoding, of course. Really works.

5 Likes

Thomas William Hill Asylum For Eve Village Green Records.

An initially nteresting album from this young composer with Baroque/Reich influences. I suppose near ambient, not a genre I take to easily, but as a first album I await what he’ll do with those influences later on. It’s nice - but…

Hoping he’s not going to just be yoga music or similar bland chillout pap.

2 Likes