What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Due out 21st Jan. Rather than a straight blues album this sounds more Allman Bros ish

4 Likes

10 Likes

Penultimate Dame, on double vnyl:

20 Likes

81nxRNyRwkL.SS500
Sheryl Crow - 100 Miles From Memphis.

9 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

On Broadway from this album is one of my favourites.

Marc Cohn - Marc Cohn (1991)
Someone played this a few days ago (I liked the post) and it prompted me to dust down my copy - OK press the buttons on my App to bring my NAS to life. Great album.

I also have
Marc Cohn - The Very Best of Marc Cohn (2006)

This shares some of the same tracks obviously plus some other good ones which prompted me “Where did they come from”?
Qobuz has both these two albums plus around 4 more albums so I better do some digging and listening.
Now queued and waiting.

14 Likes

Two Against Nature - Steely Dan

12 Likes

This album got/gets a lot of bad press, but there’s some fantastic primal rock ‘n’ roll on here, especially the live stuff – like the 16-minute “Don’t Worry Kyoko” and “Jamrag” with Yoko in full throat. Fancy coming round for a listen @anon10403888?

11 Likes

Seems appropriate for a Saturday morning, Dawn FM The Weekend

2 Likes

David Bowie, let’s dance. Happy birthday David Bowie who was born on 8th Jan 1947. :birthday:

17 Likes

I Am Kloot, Let It All In.
Real songwriting talent (and of course lead vocals) from John Bramwell, great musicians with real instruments well produced by Guy Garvey.
So good it’s on it’s second time around back to back.
Criminally underrated.

7 Likes

You’re also more than welcome to pop around anytime you like, Kev. You know where to find me. I can’t promise I won’t be skipping a few tracks. :wink: Happy New Year, sunshine!:sunglasses:

9 Likes

Not a well known album by the kings of ambient, I will give it another play this weekend, so thanks for the reminder. Pervitin is a great track.

1 Like

This will be the next Lennon box set, I believe?
Should be interesting to say the least.

1 Like

I really hope they include the full 40-minute “Don’t Worry Kyoko”.

2 Likes

81w8SL1zW-L.SS500
The London Howlin’ Wolf Sessions.

15 Likes

Some awesome guitar playing :grinning:

9 Likes