What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

A great album👍

1 Like

Elles Bailey, shining in the half light. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Utterly transfixing. Superb throughout. Thanks to Kevster for the heads up here.

6 Likes

Krautrock band Jane self titled album but more commonly known as Mask from 1980.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Overgrown - James Blake

3 Likes

Excellent album.

Big fan of their stuff - 1972 - 1976 I think Mask is 1980

2 Likes

No it wont be a new recording, Freedom Sounds was active in the 70’s up to early 80’s iirc. The label of producers Bertram Brown and Soul Syndicate Band not Philip Frasier as I mistakenly said before
As for Youth & Youth, Freedom Sounds did often use obscure credits. The original version of MIMP that DB cut for Niney had a version by Big Youth titled A So We Stay, could it be this that you have? I would have to hear it, the Freedom Sounds label is a bit peculiar in this context, I see it listed on Discogs but none the wiser.
When did you get it?

This is the original cut with Big Youth

Btw if your interested Blood & Fire released a great compilation Freedom Sounds In Dub from the label.

R-101101-1364173973-9885

Another label connected to Bertram Brown was Roots Tradition. Again Blood & Fire presented a fine album from that label with The Soul Syndicate Band.
Scientist - Dub In The Roots Tradition

:heart:

4 Likes

King of Convenience, peace or love. Both sounds great, not war!

6 Likes

7 Likes

Herbie Hancock Takin’ Off / 2007 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 094639275724

Startin’ Off Tuesday with this excellent disc.

13 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

Velvet Desert Music Vol. 2

Velvet Desert

1 Like

Going further down the rabbit hole with Berlin school electronica… Michael Hoenig - “Departure from the Northern Wasteland” (1978)

Was recommended to me as being right up there with the best 70s albums of TD, Klaus Schulze, ART etc… First listen, good but I’m not convinced (yet)…streaming on Spotify since Tidal don’t have it. I shall persevere :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Golden Heart

19 Likes

Her earlier stuff is really excellent also Charles

I’ve been checking it out on YouTube - another artist for my collection

Cheers

1 Like

Michael Franks Dragonfly Summer / 1993 Reprise / US CD / 9452272

Michael Franks Vocals
Gil Goldstein, Jeff Lorber, Russell Ferrante Keyboards
Chris Hunter, Dave Koz, Bob Mintzer Saxophone
Alec Milstein, Steve Rodby, Jimmy Haslip Bass
Steve Khan, Paul Jackson Jr. Guitar
Paulinho Da Costa Percussion
Alex Acuña, William Kennedy Drums

2 Likes

@Dreadatthecontrols
Thanks for the info. I bought the 12" a long time ago…probably in the 80s. Where from, i just can’t remember. I bought it along with a couple of other 12" incl Gregory Isaacs (Poor and Clean/Wise and Clean? Something like that…)
I’d guess in one of the two small reggae shops Imentioned the other day…really not sure.