What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

The Delines - The Sea Drift

This band is magic…
From the first notes, the sound is absolutely divine, mellow, with its languid soul rhythm, its electric piano straight out of an old Tony Joe White, its strings coming out of nowhere, its subtle brass, and the singer’s voice… Amy Boone has a magic timber.

15 Likes

Herbie Mann. London Underground.
Posted by @anon10403888 excellent album from 1974 and Herb is ably assisted by some top musicians including my favourite guitarist Mick Taylor.

Qobuz

9 Likes

Link Wray. Essential early recordings.
Move over Mick Taylor. Change of pace and era as I tick off daily chores.

8 Likes

In a folk mood today. Although this was just a giveaway some years ago, the SQ on tracks recorded live from York Minster is superb.

5 Likes

@steviebee I was just trying to place a date on it. Does it sound like the YouTube I posted?

I note adapted in brackets. maybe he had Soul Syndicate play a version of the riddim and had it dub mixed by Tubby or Scientist and had someone toast over it. Or got a copy of the tape from Joe Gibbs and did a dub mix of it. Does Dennis Brown actually sing straight on it or is it just snatches of his vocal.

One of those fascinating and obscure things in JA music that intrigue trainspotting fans like me.

Cant find any files of it online to hear

:heart:

1 Like

Whitey Johnson - More Days Like This

4 Likes

Who happens to play solo on two of my favourites Stones tracks: Can’t You Hear Me Knocking and Time Waits For No One.

3 Likes

Nice!
In 1968 I sold my 1966 first press mono and bought a stereo version, one of my only vinyl regrets!

Donald Fagen Morph The Cat / 2006 Reprise / Japan Promo CD / WPCR12246

Dedicated play for @Debs on the 6 month anniversary of her missing cat Morpheus.

18 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ - Good To Be…

12 Likes

My ProAc Response One’s are being collected by their new owner today so I’m warming the speakers up with a selection, including The Perfect Circle, Mer de Noms. For their diminutive size, the Responses are sounding great.

7 Likes

81SVtMvr1kL.AC_SY355

Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds

Not a PF album I play that often (I’m certain this is the first time I’ve played it for at least 20 years!), probably because it’s made up of short tracks, which if it hadn’t been a film soundtrack, I’m sure would normally have been developed and extended. Childhood’s End is probably the most interesting track here.

I hope to visit it again before 2042!

22 Likes

Dennis sings on the first section of the A side, with keyboard dubby ‘sparkles’ if that makes sense. Second half of the song is a toast, but it’s not BY, and it’s not the same cut as you posted.

1 Like

Avocet. Bert Jansch, with the unmistakable playing of Danny Thompson on upright bass. Lovely.
download

7 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut

Some themes to ponder.

18 Likes

7 Likes

Wonder if Keef gave him credit for that :sunglasses:

1 Like

There is that as well. You might also enjoy this:

5 Likes

Manchester Orchestra are getting alot of playtime currently as i continue to explore their body of work.

4 Likes

Thanks Tony. Will give that a read.:+1: