What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Reading done. Time for Taylor period Stones Fest.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Mitski’s sixth album is an austere, nuanced, and disaffected indie-pop record that, in part, addresses her turbulent relationship with her own career.

2 Likes

Paul Wertico Trio Another Side / 2006 naim / Austria CD / naimcd093

Paul Wertico Drums, Percussion
Brian Peters Bass, Organ
John Moulder Guitar

Ken Christianson True Stereo Recording Engineer

2 Likes

After playing side one of the Beth Hart album, I went back to this:

Whole Lotta Love is just awake with Lez Zep.
The drums! Helen Destroy is not Bonham (after all, who is?) but crikey, at least she plays with passion.

1 Like

Plot thickens, might have to find a copy

Allegri Quartet 50th Anniversary / 2003 naim / Austria CD / naimcd074

3 Likes

81la3Lm3XTL.SS500
Paul Carrack - Rain Or Shine.

9 Likes

Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point

10 Likes

Ana Popovic - Comfort to the Soul

A find last year via this thread

3 Likes

Otto Klemperer - RIAS Berlin recordings 1950-1958

4 Likes

Shame we live so far apart - I’d bring it round so you can hear it.

1 Like

Paul chambers - We Three

5 Likes

Turn the volume up, i might be able to :grin:

1 Like

On CD:-

George Duke - Faces In Reflection

5 Likes

The Cactus Blossoms - You’re Dreaming

2 Likes

4 Likes

An instantly captivating, all-original acoustic album of great depth and incredible maturity, the debut album (1971) by acoustic guitarist and songwriter, Steve Tilston. As for the making of the album: “It was Ralph McTell who very kindly contacted Ian Anderson of Village Thing on my behalf," Tilston explained. "I followed it up and secured a meeting with Ian and a gig at the Troubadour Folk Club. I’d met Ralph through Wizz Jones at Les Cousins in Soho, and he’d been very complimentary about my playing and writing.” One hears echoes of Tilston’s mentors and contemporaries in England’s vibrant folk scene of the time: Bert Jansch (the fifth track, ‘Train Time,’ sounds eerily like early Jansch); John Renbourn; Ralph McTell; Wizz Jones; Davey Graham; and Nick Drake.

9 Likes

George Duke After Hours / 1998 Warner / US CD / 9470732

7 Likes

Stills & Collins - Everybody Knows

7 Likes

Now playing…

Laura Marling - Song For Our Daughter

Laura Marling (Guiro, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Vocals), Gabriel Cabezas (Cello), Anna Corcoran (Piano), Chris Hillman (Pedal Steel Guitar), Ethan Johns (Drums, Resonator Guitar, Moog Synthesizer, Shaker, Synthesizer), Rob Moose (Strings), Nick Pini (Bass, Double Bass) and Dan See (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @DogWalker above reminded me I had not taken Laura out for a spin in quite awhile, so no time like the present. Kicking off this Tuesday with Laura and she and the band are sounding sublime!

7 Likes