What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Just finished …

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Come On Come On

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), J.T. Brown (Bass, Vocals), Jon Carroll (Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Rosanne Cash (Vocals), Shawn Colvin (Vocals), Denny Dadmun-Bixby (Bass), Joe Diffie (Vocals), Jerry Douglas (Dobro), Paul Franklin (Guitar, Steel Guitar, Pedabro, Pedal Steel), Bob Glaub (Bass), Indigo Girls (Vocals), John Jarvis (Piano), John Jennings (Bass, Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Vocals), John Jorgenson| (Guitar, Electric Guitar), Robbie Magruder (Drums), Mike McAdam (Guitar, Electric Guitar, Tremolo), Edgar Meyer (Bass, Double Bass), Andy Newmark (Drums), Amy Ray (Vocals), Matt Rollings (Piano), Emily Saliers (Vocals) and Benmont Tench (Hammond organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… started up today’s exercise routine while listening to Sade and then continued on the routine this afternoon with Mary and her fantastic cast of supporting musicians and they are sounded mighty sweet! Just love her music…

13 Likes

Now playing…

The Delines - Colfax

Amy Boone (vocals), Willy Vlautin (guitar),Sean Oldham (drums), Jenny Conlee-Drizos (keyboards), Tucker Jackson (pedal steel), and Freddy Trujillo (bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16_… continuing on this afternoon with this early release form the Delines and Amy and the band are sounding mighty sweet! One fine album…

12 Likes

Miles Davis - ‘Live at Fillmore East, March 7th. 1970, It’s About That Time’ (2001). These live concert recordings from the ‘Silent Way’ and ‘Brew’ era are great jazz fusion performed by a who’s who of Davis with Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, Dave Holland, Jack DeJohnette and Airto Moreira. As was often the case in this period the tracks were presented as a sort of continuous ‘set’ with transitions led by Davis. New ‘rock’ tracks like ‘Directions’ and ‘Spanish Key’ and mixed with older works such as ‘Masquelero’ but presented in a completely different way with a rock ‘vibe’ and ‘attack’. In recent years many more concert recordings from this period have become available and they are great fun!

12 Likes

Special

5 Likes

I Advance Masked - 1982
Lovely Fripp on Girl on a Swing
ANDY_SUMMERS_&_ROBERT_FRIPP_I+ADVANCE+MASKED-363041

3 Likes

5 Likes

Gary Moore - Still Got the Blues 1990
Absolute genius on the Les Paul.
Much like Roy Buchanan on the Telecaster forgotten/overlooked?
1C1C1471-C9E1-4065-A35C-CBEA46F13961

20 Likes

Playing this one on vinyl the other day

Still excellent

1 Like

Fripp prescient as usual.

1 Like

A bit of the Heavy stuff before bed.
Gojira Magma

Not sure about some of the clean vocals, and think Mars To Sirius is a better album…

But this’ll do!

3 Likes

Now playing…

Aoife O’Donovan - Age of Apathy

Aoife O’Donovan (Fender Rhodes, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Jay Bellerose (Drums), Floriane Blancke (Celtic Harp), Chris Bruce (Electric Guitar), Madison Cunningham (Electric Guitar, Vocals), Levon Henry (Reeds), Tim O’Brien (Mandola), David Piltch (Bass), Allison Russell (Vocals) and Patrick Warren (Piano, Strings, Wurlitzer).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning from a walk with my wife through the neighborhood and now taking Aoife and her latest album released this past January and she and the band are sounding sublime! One fine album…

6 Likes

Sierra Ferrell ‎– Long Time Coming
CD|2021

Play this one a lot. Very enjoyable album. Mix of folk and country.

7 Likes

Last one of the day … Dance by Gary Numan 1981.
This is one I would love to hear on top-end gear, it has a lovely sound with Mick Karn on fretlass bass and superb production. Tubeway Army it certainly ain’t.

8 Likes

How long has it been since you’ve watched Excalibur? …well thats just too long!

Youtube - London Orchestra - Klaus Tennstedt

Spotify - Solti

Excalibur’s symphonic ending

The opera!
Wagner - Trauermarsch (Funeral March) from Götterdämmerung, Act III

8 Likes

Das freut mich @Anonymoot :+1:

Hex Enduction Hour - The Fall

Commences with The Classical. Says it all.

7 Likes

If you’ve not heard them already, I recommend the Remember Shakti albums too, especially Saturday Night in Bombay, on which John features more prominently on electric guitar.

Goldfrapp, supernature. Oops, I was half way posting this and a work distraction kept me from finishing the post. Here it is. Better late than never. :relaxed:

Had work function today. Lovely 2 c u! :blush:

11 Likes

Goldfrapp, number 1. Work week is done. (Long) Weekend here I come! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Hank Mobley Soul Station / 1999 Blue Note / Netherlands CD / RVG Edition / 724349534322

Hank Mobley Tenor Saxophone
Wynton Kelly Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Art Blakey Drums

Beginning the day with this fine recording.

17 Likes