What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Never thought I’d see that on here unless I put it on. Thank you - this and Assassin are 2 great but much forgotten albums

1 Like

Beethoven Violin Concerto - Schneiderhan, BPO / Jochum

Has there ever been a finer version committed to disc?

5 Likes

Sari Schorr - Never Say Never

1 Like

Yes agree, those first four tracks on Dance are so atmospheric. He was such an inconsistent fella … I saw him on the Beserker tour a few years later and very underwhelmed.
I Assassin … that’s one I need on vinyl, only got it on tape!

1 Like

Dave Edmunds - …Again

5 Likes

510K-7JpsCL.AC

The Motors - 1

Surely one of the most underrated pub bands of the late 70s … … … “Dancing the Night Away’” still works for me, some 45 years later.

13 Likes

A friend gave me a digital copy a while ago. Then I found out that there is a vinyl version of this intimate live show, recorded at the Record Plant Studio in Sausalito in 1974. The recording is very good, and so are the songs. Cooder is accompanied by Jim Keltner on drums, a young Russ Titelman on bass and Milt Holland on percussion, plus the voices of Bobby King, Gene Mumford and Cliff Givens. The record was in the mail today and I have just started to revisit it properly. Is it too early to open a bottle of wine?

16 Likes

Jarrod Lawson 2014 P-Vine / Japan CD / PCD93844

2 Likes

Superline/HCDR (upgrading from Prefix/Olive HC) on order and new cart being fitted.
In the meantime its going to be streaming or beer mats

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue (Columbia Legacy/Beer Mat)

My old CD 3-5 now benefitting from the Olive HC (serviced not long back) substituting the Flat Cap and not sounding bad at all

:heart:

16 Likes

No, go for it :+1:

Alabama3 - Last Train to Mashville.

Bama3 go all acoustic for a re-hash of some of their better known choons … … … less bonkers than usual, but still hugely enjoyable.

10 Likes

Just given this album a try and very good it is too. Thanks go to @Richard.Dane who mentioned it a couple of days ago. I’d never heard of Terry Lee Hale before this.

3 Likes

Jen Todd - Happy As We Are
Not a great cover, but it’s what’s on the record that counts.

1 Like

It’s miserable outside so have some music with some groove on, JK - Travelling without Moving anniversary edition, sun yellow vinyl.

8 Likes

Had a couple of listens to this

Some good tracks but the whole just a bit too pop orientated?

So reverting to an old favourite

4 Likes

Fleetwood Mac, Tusk - 1979.
Always liked that cover, and associated arty innards.

22 Likes

Junior Wells - Come On In This House (Telarc 20 bit Beer Mat)

With Corey Harris, Alvin Youngblood Hart, Sonny Landreth, Bob Margolin, John Mooney, Derek Trucks

:heart:

7 Likes

Timber Timbre (Bonus Tracks KCRW Session)

4 Likes

Faces - John Peel’s Sunday Concert

11 Likes

10 Likes