What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I have two versions (i) Tusk without Lindsey’s lo-fi banging on cardboard boxes and (ii) Lindsey’s Tusk - the lo-fi stuff. All good fun.

1 Like

Speaker’s Corner version in magnificent mono. Sublime

16 Likes

Primal Scream - Demodelica.

Demos and work-in-progress mixes of the Screamadelica album … … … it’s only bits and pieces, but I like it, like it, yes I do.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Lee Ann Womack - The Lonely, The Lonesome & The Gone

Lee Ann Womack](Vocals), Ethan Ballinger (Guitar, Kayagum, Vocals), Shawn Camp (Vocals), Christina Courtin (Strings), Glen Duncan (Fiddle), Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar), Annalise Liddell (Guitar, Vocals), Frank Liddell (Guitar, Vocals), Waylon Payne (Guitar), Jerry Roe (Bass, Drums), Glenn Worf (Bass, Drums) and Adam Wright (Guitar, Keyboards, Tremolo).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this morning with Lee Ann and her fantastic album released in October 2017. …Lee Ann and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

7 Likes

It’s Friday, it’s five to five, and it’s this cracker of an album.

Time for ‘Tommy’

17 Likes

Wheres my pencil?

1 Like

Great version - not heard it before but streamed it on Qobuz - loved it…
Always loved the original and the Tumbleweed Connection album which is not generally highly-regarded except by the believers on this forum.
Wish they had edited “very nice” comment and tidied up the ending on this version but still brilliant.

8 Likes

Wille Nelson and sister Bobbie, December Day. Vinyl.

5 Likes

Piano music with big lines

3 Likes

Tape - you mean reel to reel :wink: :smile:

Must admit been a lifelong fan - some of his recent stuff is ok - but some gets a bit samey!

He was certainly a ground breaker in the beginning from Tubeway Army, Replicas, Pleasure Principle etc - Warriors for me was when things started to go downhill - I think Pure was the best thing since then! His latest is rather lame - I can’t decide whether to go and see him live when he tours later this year - guess I’m sick of hearing Cars & Are Friends Electric for the millionth time!

2 Likes

Ernest Ranglin - Modern Answers To Old Problems (Telarc DDD beer mat)

Ernie joined by a fantastic supporting cast of:
Tony Allen, Chris Franck, Joe Bashorun, Orefo Orakwue, Olelekan Babalola, Olakunle Ayanlowo, Denys Baptiste, Courtney Pine and the lovely Sylvia Tella

Funky fusion of African, Afrobeat, Jamaican vibe and Jazz

:heart:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Planetário Da Gávea - Hermeto Pascoal E Grupo

4 Likes

The Who - Live at the Young Vic 1971

This came as a bonus disc with Deluxe Issue of Who’s Next. Great set - top of their game.

13 Likes

Back to The Fall, on vinyl…

6 Likes

Today marks anniversary of release so giving it a stream.

3 Likes

I gave that a listen and then thought of this.
Starflet3pq

4 Likes

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue 50th Anniversary edition CD

This CD has been ripped to my server and is streaming through the ND555. I would say it sounds rather good. I’d certainly not be putting a glass of beer on it.

10 Likes

Ah, The Wizzard. All you need now is to play some Egberto Gismonti next.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Cream | Wheels of Fire | 1968
Unfortunately the weather has turned it into a foul evening, so settling in for the studio (side) of this old banger before the inevitable soaking when walking Alf’ later.

18 Likes