What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

A little intimate Esperanza Spalding gig from a couple of months back. Officially recorded.

7 Likes

The Isley Bros playing a few no’s in an small intimate live gig from their home studio in St Louis some months back. Officially recorded.

4 Likes

The Weather Station live from their home last year. Officially recorded.

2 Likes

Et encore celui-ci, magnifique !!

6 Likes

Cheers Simon, somehow this one has passed me by, Tutu was the album that got me into Miles and hadn’t heard of this, on the list for today.

1 Like

No worries - must admit I only found out about it purely by chance from Tidal
Enjoy :smiley:

Ott - Skylon (2008 release, 2018 first vinyl)
High quality pressing… smooth sounds… electronica , dub, ambient…

3 Likes

Well it provided a great backdrop to this mornings session on the Wattbike in the cabin.

Will definitely revisiting this one.

1 Like

Celebrating his birthday with this nostalgic video, a small insight into the recording process.

8 Likes

The Liminanas (with Laurent Garnier)
De Pelicula

Do you know this French band?
Otherwise, I invite you to discover it, it’s excellent !!

3 Likes

Antonio Forcione Ghetto Paradise / 1998 naim / Austria CD / naimcd032

9 Likes

The Beatles - Yellow Submarine Songtrack, a superb reworking of YS, which sounds tremendous.

19 Likes

Its a beautiful spring morning in Sheffield and this just fits…

BOBBY_WOMACK_PORTRAIT%2BOF%2BBOBBY%2BWOMACK-619937

BOBBY WOMACK Portrait Of (1979 UK 14-track LP, including I Can Understand It, I Feel A Groove Comin’ Along & All Along The Watchtower.

8 Likes

Ashley Monroe, like a rose. It’s been too long since I last listened to this. :relaxed:

7 Likes

Tutu was also my first Miles Davis album - read about it in the old Hi-Fi Review magazine - gosh that was a lot of years ago - hadn’t really tried any jazz until that point - but it pushed me into all sorts of stuff - classic Miles, John Coltrane, Art Blakey and more modern style things like Stanley Clarke and Chick Corea! Still like my heavy stuff - but it’s the trying of new musical styles that make our hobby so interesting - and having just started on this forum it’s rekindled my exploration - anyway after getting a little carried away - glad to be of service….

3 Likes

Some good Andy Summers recommendations of late, so currently giving last years Harmonics of the Night a play and really enjoying it.
Might even buy the double vinyl.

5 Likes

10,000 maniacs, MTV unplugged. I might not be able to help but play more Natalie Merchant after this. :relaxed:

15 Likes

7 Likes

Chicane behind the sun / 2003 Xtravaganza / UK CD + DVD Box Set / XTRAV10CD

4 Likes

Natalie Merchant, leave your sleep. Might be my last for this evening down under. Have a good day everyone. :relaxed:

17 Likes