Happy 75th Birthday Ry Cooder! :balloon: :birthday: :balloon:

born on 15th March 1947, in Los Angeles, California :us:

30 Likes

10,000 Maniacs – Our Time In Eden
CD rip|1992

15 Likes

Elles Bailey - Riding Out The Storm

4 Likes

Destination…Out! - Jackie McClean ( Tidal/Blue Note)

First listen streaming in the cab. Contemplating the vinyl but the BN Classic series has had a lot of issues with pressings so a little hesitant.

:heart:

9 Likes

The Band of Heathens

2 Likes

Dont know the music, the cover looks apt in the current climate though

1 Like

Paul Weller - Fat Pop. Not really listened to much from PW of late, but this is truly excellent.

6 Likes

Ry Cooder Bop Till You Drop / 1993 Warner / Germany CD / 033582

Released in 1979, the album was the first digitally recorded major-label album in popular music!

28 Likes

So funny, you are about the third person on here that the same as me Tutu was their first Miles album and because of same review in HiFi World I think.

Same magazine edition reviewed Kenny G Duotones and also Chick Coreas Elektric Band, bought all three, Miles was the standout.

My Kef Kc-62 is absolutely loving this Marcus Miller album, some real low juicy stuff.

Just dug the Chick Corea album from the archives, will give it a spin later, hasn’t been played in over 30 years.

8 Likes

Ike & Tina Turner - Workin’ Together

11 Likes

Florence + The Machine – Ceremonials
CD rip|2011

8 Likes

On CD:-

51t5X+iV1dL._AC_1

Paul McCartney - Off The Ground

9 Likes

Stokowski/BBC SO - Beethoven Symphony No. 7 - WAV CD rip
Recording taken from a 1960s Prom concert, some surprisingly fast tempi, an enjoyable performance.

8 Likes

Tuesday afternoon!..

ab67616d00001e025e874d325d85376ea8086f29.jpeg
(Tidalinthecab)
:heart:

9 Likes

51z9i32kJnL._AC_SY450_1

2013 Limited Edition on Blue Vinyl.

10 Likes

Saw them at the Blue Note on a trip to New York. Nathan’s mum was sitting in front of me. Great show - one of those gigs you take for granted until you look back.

Now playing…

Ry Cooder - The Prodigal Son

Ry Cooder (Banjo, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Mandolin, Vocals), Joachim Cooder (Drums, Percussion), Terry Evans (Vocals), Robert Francis (Bass), Aubrey Haynie (Violin|), Bobby King (Vocals) and Arnold McCuller (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… a post mention above by @Debs above regarding Ry’s 75th Birthday had me reach for ‘The Prodigal Son’ and he is sounding mighty sweet! May you have many, many more birthdays Ry and keep the music coming…

23 Likes