What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Take It From The Top: A Dedication to Duke Ellington - Humphrey Lyttelton

6 Likes

Now playing…

Jenny Hval - Classic Objects

Jenny Hval (Keyboards, Vocals), Natali Abrahamsen Garner (Vocals), Daniel Meyer Grønvold (Guitar), Hans Hulbaekmo (Drums, Percussion), Kyrre Laastad (Bass, Drums, Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion), Johan Lindvall (Keyboards, Piano), Håvard Volden (Bass, Guitar, Keyboards) and Vivian Wang (Field Recording, Keyboards, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @PhilChill above had me place ‘Classic Objects’ in the queue and now taking out for a spin and Jenny and the band are sounding mighty fine!

4 Likes

2 x LP - a world circuit production 2015 reissue : )

20 Likes

The genius that is Ry Cooder, his 75th birthday today. On vinyl (original pressing).

23 Likes

One of my go to records.

13 Likes

Sorry, it’s Somi again…

9 Likes

Earth Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II
Double 45…but it sounds more like the old Earth at 33. I prefer that thunder of Pentastar or Phase 3
if I’m honest.

2 Likes

Appetite is already whetted… I’m getting hungry for my copy to arrive.

Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio
Cold As Weiss

The texture of the sound of the famous Hammond B3 organ, so cool!
Each piece exudes incredible warmth.

An unstoppable groove pervades all the compositions of the album.

7 Likes

Monumental - great band.

1 Like

. . . After Lights Out/Tubby Hayes Quintet

7 Likes

Now playing…

Valentin Silvestrov - Silent Songs

Sergey Yakovenko (Baritone) and Ilya Scheps (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with this album from the Ukrainian composer Valentin Silvestrov released in 2004. I have not heard music from Valentin previously and thought I would give it a spin… and the duet are sounding sublime!

3 Likes

In readiness for our local blues night listening to this classic. Don’t suppose tonight’s fare will get close but heh-ho. Speakers Corner reissue vinyl.

12 Likes

That’s what I love about this, every so often someone posts up an album you haven’t listened to in years and you are then spurred on to play it. I truly forgot how much I like this album!

All thanks to @Charles64 for this one.

It’s a pity the Man Utd performance last night didn’t match this in quality Charles!

16 Likes

This gentle piece of 60s psychedelia suits my rather mellow mood this afternoon.

Sounding rather fine on vinyl bought in 1969.

16 Likes

Not heard it yet, will Tidalise when I get around to it. I probably dont need any more Hard Bop style though, I do find it gets a bit formulaic, the thing I’ve liked most about the TP series is its more varied style selections
:heart:

1 Like

Marc Broussard - Home (The Dockside Sessions)

Wonderful voice and a lovely stripped back vibe.

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul

Err…wonderful voice and a lovely stripped back vibe.

11 Likes

Elvis Presley, Promised Land. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Moonshine Society - Sweet Thing

Thank goodness @johnt hangs around these parts to point out belters like this, otherwise they would pass completely under my radar.

7 Likes