What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

1968 (1971 reissue) - Miles Davis // Miles in the Sky

15 Likes

Whilst on a bit of a Jackie McLean bag (geddit?)
I came across this, cant remember much about how it sounds, not re installed my TT yet after getting a new cart fitted, so added to the to play pile

Jackie McLean - A Long Drink Of The Blues (OJC/New Jazz recorded 1957)

5 Likes

And this I see being discussed here recently

The Milcho Leviev Quartet - Blues For The Fisherman (Mole Jazz LP)

:heart:

5 Likes

As played by Samantha

2 Likes

2LP? I have it but I’m sure mine is a single LP

Good album

3 Likes

Now playing…

Marc Broussard - Home (The Dockside Sessions)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the noon hour with Marc after a mention from @NigelB above and he is sounding mighty sweet!

4 Likes

The 1994 original album is indeed one LP, however my copy is the 2015 reissue 2xLP.

TBH i’ve always enjoyed the CD version to the point i think it maybe the nicest recorded album featuring Ry Cooder.
This double vinyl album is a nice indulgence :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Bought a few weeks ago but spinning for the first time this evening.

Destination Out - Jackie Mclean

8 Likes

1970 - ( UK reissue) Larry Coryell // Spaces

10 Likes

Is it a 45rpm cut?

Ordered this morning :+1:how is it?

4 Likes

Just ending side one. Utterly sublime. Pressing. Sound quality. Music. It really takes off! This must surely have been a favourite on a young Frank Zappa’s turntable. Uncle Meat eat your heart out!

The soundstage is mesmeric. Love the brass right and left, vibes in the middle and drums/bass just behind, towards the right.

Fantastic.

2 Likes

Waxahatchee – Cerulean Salt
CD|2013

4 Likes

Joining in with the Ry love

51vQ1LOViPL.AC
Paradise and Lunch.

23 Likes

no it’s the usual 33.3

It says on the cover sticker; “The classic grammy award winning album mastered from the original analogue tapes” …and that it includes previously unreleased bonus track “Lasidan (alternative take)” on Side D.

1 Like

Rolling Stones. Let it bleed.
Some great guitar from Mick.(No not that one fool, the other one)

27 Likes

Abba | Super Trouper | 1980
Previous to this album I’ve been listening to Naim Radio and in the past hour they’ve been pushing Phantom Limb a band that I have to go and explore much more deeply as they sound wonderful. Meanwhile a guest has requested this and what a fine old pop album this remains, still a joy to listen to and a reminder of what were perhaps better days for us all.

12 Likes

Thanks
:heart:

1 Like