What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker - 1999

7 Likes

Changing the mood and pace after Destination. . .Out.

Deer Wan - Kenny Wheeler.

Serene. Mostly.

3 Likes

Marc Broussard, SOS 3: a lullaby collection. So nice to start the day down under with this. I imagine the same finishing the day with it too. :relaxed:

Thanks @NigelB & @seakayaker for mentioning Marc Broussard. :+1:

3 Likes

Point of order sir. Both Mick J and Mick T contribute very little guitar on this album - it’s really Keith’s show.

Least we forget Mick J wasn’t a slouch on guitar either as we see from this backstage clip of him with Ike and Tina Turner.

9 Likes

David Byrne – David Byrne
CD|1994

Haven’t listened to this excellent album in a while.

11 Likes

The Best Of Asha Bhosle.

Good to hear one of Robert Plant’s Desert Island Discs was Mohammed Rafi, who duets on several songs here, too.

5 Likes

Rosanne Cash, Black Cadillac.

8 Likes

A chance discovery this evening thanks to Roon. Produced by Wolfgang Haffner.

Some excellent new music from a young and talented artist.

2 Likes

@Debs
Just looked it up on discogs, wondering if it might be better than my '94 copy :thinking:

I’ve not heard the original but i’m happy enough with this double vinyl.
I know some World Circuit vinyl can sound warm and earthy, however this 2015 reissue sounds very much in focus albeit polite, but i’m not complaining.

1 Like

1976 - Keith Jarrett // Shades

7 Likes

Happy Birthday Ry…

12 Likes

81nSXl1HjgL.SS500
Robin Trower - For Earth Below.

13 Likes

Jazz Is Dead 3 - Marcos Valle/Adrian Younge/Ali Shaheed Mohammed.

3 Likes

Derek Bailey - one of the great English guitarists. He had albums on ECM with bassist Dave Holland.

His catalogue is vast and to quote David Sylvian “ (He was) Mischievous, provocative, elemental. He spoke a language recognised by many but with a syntax all his own. A discomforting amalgam of the elemental”

Derek Bailey - Ballads

5 Likes

Adrian Younge - just get hold of anything he’s touched it is well worth seeking out everything by him.

Here’s a few I have:-

2 Likes

Mattiel - Georgia Gothic, on beautiful translucent red vinyl. Arrived today and really liking it so far, although quite an evolution from Mattiel’s Sattis Factory album from 2019.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. I really like his musical styles. The Jazz Is Dead series is wonderful. Solo too, latterly The American Negro is worth time exploring.

I came to him when he collaborated with Ali Shaheed Mohammed formerly of pioneers A Tribe Called Quest.

1 Like

As this album by St Germain has been posted quite regularly on this thread by various members, I thought I’d give it a try. I’m only three tracks in and, blimey, what a cracker it is.

17 Likes

Jazz Is Dead 4: Azymuth.

3 Likes