What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Crooked Still - hop high
CD rip|2007

Bluegrass. Lead singer is Aoife O’Donovan.

2 Likes

I just bought this on CD, Dread. Haven’t played it yet…looking forward to it after reading reviews.

1 Like

Aoife O’Donovan – In The Magic Hour
CD rip|2016

4 Likes

Craft Rccordings 100% analogue version:

10 Likes

Thanks Andy. Yes I realised when I made the post I was leaving myself wide open to correction but found my desire to have a stab at humour overwhelming :sunglasses:

1 Like

A desert island disc for me and your Speakers Corner edition is very good, if you haven’t already, check out The Third Mind’s self titled album , if you can find the early pressing it has 3 versions of “East West”!

1 Like

Jewel - Spirit, on CD - from 1998. A fragile sounding voice, great well-articulated lyrics (with depth of meaning) and wonderful tunes, with her voice the focal point. If you haven’t come across Jewel, start with Pieces of You (her debut).

Not demanding listening and your ears won’t want to turn away once you lock on :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Danish String Quartet – Last Leaf
CD rip|2017

3 Likes

The lodestone, the source. On groovy spatter vinyl from the excellent The Ten Year War box set.

24 Likes

Another compilation. Fancied some Puccini arias rather than a whole opera.

8 Likes

Out To Lunch

Eric Dolphy - Out to Lunch

Probably his most well known album and the only one on the Blue Note label. It must have sounded really out there when released in 1964.

14 Likes

Middle Kids - Lost Friends
CD rip | 2018

1 Like

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Naked Truth

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet), Yonathan Avishai (Piano), Barak Mori (Double Bass) and Ziv Ravitz (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with the new release, February 24th, from Avishai and he and the members of the quartet are sounding sublime! one sweet album and just love his music.

9 Likes

Then I wont say too much in the way of a spoiler. Suffice to say the reviews are well deserved. A very welcome re issue and brilliant deep roots archaeology and restoration. SQ probably not “audiophile” but thats not what its about.
I’ve been listening as a Tidal Master with vinyl expected at Dread mansions shortly.
Hope you like it, let us know
:heart:

1 Like

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

This was the album playing when I decided the Rad 2 was a ‘must buy’.

22 Likes

X Ray Spex - Germ Free Adolescents (Tidal)

Prompted by Steve Lamaq on 6Music just now

20220317_163853

:heart:

8 Likes

It sold 4 million copies worldwide, but always reminds me of ‘trendy’ wine bars in the early 2000’s, hic :smiley:

1 Like

In which case, you might also enjoy Moon Duo. Ripley Johnson is the main man in both bands, and they’re sonically (kinda) similar. Second album Mazes gets the most love from critics, but I prefer their first, Escape, primarily because it includes the mighty Motorcycle, I Love You.

2 Likes

Thanks bhoyo will seek both those out.

1 Like

I’d seen the cover in record shops, but had no idea what the music was like. A nice discovery thanks to this forum.