What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Souvenance: Music for Oud, Quartet and String Orchestra

Anouar Brahem (Oud), François Couturier (Piano), Klaus Gesing (Bass Clarinet), Björn Meyer (Bass) and Pietro Mianiti (Orchestra della Svizzera Italiana).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning as I start up today’s exercise routine with one of my favorite albums from Anouar. It is simply a beautiful album written in time of, as the album description states, “The music of Souvenance, by turns graceful, hypnotic, and taut and starkly dramatic…". It is truly a beautiful album and do love his music…

10 Likes

LP - Warner Bros. Records 1987 : )

<<>>

It’s a pleasurable treat for the ears to enjoy music as well studio recorded as this, and so many excellent musicians stepping in and out of each track of the album which retains a easy going relaxed flow in an 80s-esque kind of time warp way :smile: :+1:

Interesting line up in the album’s title track: The Camera Never Lies

Vocals - Michael Franks
Backing Vocals – Art Garfunkel
Bass – Marcus Miller
Guitar, Soloist – Steve Khan
Hihats, Cymbals – Chris Parker

8 Likes

The House of Love album called the House of Love or Butterfly or Fontana

Terry Bickers on lead guitar and songs by the inimitable Guy Chadwick.

10 Likes

Another spin of this David Byrne album on CD. In my system the CD wins out over the Qobuz stream for SQ. It’s a lot less hemmed in, if that makes sense!

13 Likes

Pink Floyd - Animals - 1977
I never give this the number of plays it deserves, but glad I plucked it out for a spin this eve :smiley:

31 Likes

Last bassy one of the day.
Anna von Hausswolff The Miraculous

5 Likes

Brilliant , hope to see still much more of her with her experience gained over the years

7 Likes

Dedicated Men of Zion - The Devil Don’t Like It

3 Likes

Moon Duo. Mazes.
Thanks for heads up @bhoyo
Thoroughly enjoyed. Will also be checking their other releases.

qobuz

6 Likes

Steve Earle, Guitar Town. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

9 Likes

Always been my favourite - think that’s because it was the first album of theirs that I listened to properly - thanks to an old mate - Bob - who took me in during my troubled teenage years!

1 Like

Steve Earle. Guitar town. Brilliant debut album. Did I ever mention Steve signed my copy? Well maybe just once or twice :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Some beautiful Jaco, glass of red, dog snoring in the background.

Pat Metheny - Bright Size Life

Oops, probably this should have gone in the other topic. Oh well.

13 Likes

51t5X+iV1dL._AC_1
Paul McCartney - Off The Ground.

8 Likes

Stacey Kent, let yourself go. Celebrating Fred Astaire. :relaxed:

8 Likes

Estudando O Samba - Tom Zé

I played David Byrne’s Uh-Oh twice in a row, and it’s Brazilian & Latin rhythms led me to this. Zé is also percussionist on David’s album.

2 Likes

Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason - 1987

Continuing the ‘least-played Floyd’ theme tonight, so dusted this off after Animals. Roger Waters derided this album, no idea why?

17 Likes

His 27th studio album out mid April.
An album of cover songs

3 Likes

2 Likes

Fantastic album

8 Likes